PDA

View Full Version : Any PR guy around?

charly318
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi, I make toys in wood, most of the files are small parts, I create the files with the coreldraw duplicating the same part hundreds of times in a sheet, the bot cuts them perfectly but it seems weird to me that it cuts in a random way, it cuts one toy and then it goes to the oposite corner and cuts another and its waisting time and energy by doing this, any thought on what could be wrong?, thanks and sorry about my english I'm writing this from argentina, thanks a lot!

tuck
03-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Does the same thing when I cut signs. Anybody?

aaasigncom
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
nothing is wrong the program, just isn't efficient. if you use something like signlab to do vinyl, it allows to to change the cut order. programs like artcam have a nesting program that is designed for efficiency of movemant / not to duplicate moves. if you know shopbot code you can call out the position of the next duplicate cut to cut an array of duplicates. the best way is to update some of your software

thewoodcrafter
03-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I am pretty new at this but in Part Wizard can't you select each part in the order you want cut then run a tool path? Click/shift in the order you want cut.

Or in worst case run a tool path for each part then save them in the order you want cut all as one file. This would give you the what you are looking for.

dkwally
03-27-2007, 11:32 PM
I create my files in Adobe Illustrator and then import them to FlexiSign. To avoid this random cut (then jog around too much) problem the file must be properly layered. The first shape you create will be the first to cut. In my experience with sign letters is that compound letters like "O" will cut the outside path first then the interior path. Without good vacuum or puck hold down system this causes the obvious problem of trying to route the interior path while the whole letter is already cut. The simple solution is to uncompound the letter first then bring the outside path to the front. With this in mind just pick the order desired for the best efficiency the progressively bring each object in that order to the front sequentially. Takes extra time in file prep but saves a bunch during the route job.