View Full Version : How many botters use the indexer

gene@marshallsmillwork.com
08-26-2003, 04:24 PM
just want to see how many of us turn wood(or other material) and if there is an interest in toolpaths for this app.
we have artcam and can make almost anything to turn, as in columns and spindles, ships and aircraft, busts and heads.
I will have many samples at NJcamp and am eager to sell cut files.

jay
08-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Gene, I could be interested in cut files. I am new to shopbot, I did purchase an indexer. So new that today I have just finished putting my bot together and surfaced the table. I was at Camp Canada, in Ottawa, fantastic camp, last weekend but no one there was using an indexer. A couple of us have them but as yet, they are unpacked. So any help you post would be greatly appreciated. Damm, I wish I was going to NJcamp!
Cheers, Jay Pollard, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.

bjwat@comcast.net
08-27-2003, 03:53 PM
I'll be hooking mine up soon...Been in the box since last November...

Gene,
I know Bill's Camp is coming up soon. Why not give a presentation on the Indexer and share with the community tips and tricks on making files, setting up the Indexer, what to look out for when using it etc. I think THAT would be a really great presentation and really be of value to those of us that are in the dark with the Indexer.

Are you up to the challenge?

-Brady

billp
08-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Regarding the Camp/indexer. From past experience I know what it would be like to try and connect/run a machine which is not standard in the shop, and I'm not excited about the prospect.
Instead I'm going to suggest that if there is enough interest in this topic a "field trip'could be set up and interested parties could go over to Marshalls Millwork and see their setup in action. In lieu of this why not have an "indexer Camp" on the Friday before the NJ Camp?

08-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Guys,
Bill had a GREAT idea...
since he has the day planned and no indexer at his shop. We are going to host an indexer camp at our place.
Our shop is only 10 or so miles from his so anyone attending camp NJ should be able to make it.
By concensus we have decided on fri the 17th. please respond here so we can get together on this.
the more the merrier.
please let me know how many will attend.
and what your particular interests (indexer)are so I can plan ahead.
I'm looking forward to this.
gene marshall

09-10-2003, 04:06 PM
I have had quite a few people ask for directions to our shop. the best way to find us is at www.mapquest.com
this site will direct you to us from wherever your starting point is.
our address is
737 Howe st. Point Pleasant NJ 08742
the phone is 732-899-4458
this may save some time
also, please check in if you are coming, I'd like a head count.
thanks,
Gene Marshall

waynelocke
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Does anyone use Vector with the rotary option to generate indexer files.
Wayne locke