PDA

View Full Version : Can i have 2 shopbot programs on same pc?

paul
11-03-2002, 06:23 PM
just wondering if i can load the shopbot program onto my pc again then have different unit values on each program. i would then just open whichever program i wanted at that time. i would like to run 2 different machines. one being a shopbot the other a small xy table with different motors than the shopbots (needing different unit values). using an ab switch i could choose which motors/table to control using the control box. any and all info would be great. i have no intention of running the 2 machines at the same time to avoid any confusion here.

gerald_d
11-04-2002, 12:59 AM
The ShopBot programs are DOS based and the program installations do not go outside of the folder C:\SB200 (typically). (In other words, Windows doesn't even recognise it as an installed program).

To solve your problem, create another folder, (example C:\TABLE200), and copy the contents of SB200 into that. Then customise that folder's unit values etc.

(I am assuming that ShopBot will have no objections to using a second software installation because you are using their controller for one application at a time)

dale.kerr@sympatico.ca
11-10-2002, 08:00 PM
I believe it is entirley possible, you could even install and aditional serial port and have the second software search for another com port, so no switch is required