PDA

View Full Version : NEW HERE

doug_phillips
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Hello all!
I have been a lurker here for a couple weeks now. I was pointed here from the "Letterville" forum after asking a few questions regarding CNC routers.

I am planning on adding a CNC system within a year (have a couple other big purchases first).

I plan on doing a lot of homework before I buy so you may get sick of me around here. I will be asking a lot of rookie questions so please be kind. I will try to search topics before I ask, but I know I will be treading on well beaten paths again.

Anyway, just thought I'd say high before diving in!

Doug Phillips
Denali Design Signs & Tees

tuck
05-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the best CNC forum on the net, Doug, and ask away! You'll find that most in here are only too happy to share experiences and answer questions.

Speaking of questions, you have one about putting casters on a CNC machine, don't you? :-)

rookie432
05-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Fellow Letterhead member here too Doug and welcome.

jhicks
05-22-2006, 07:54 AM
I can see you now with some of that great Alaskan native artwork running on a Bot. When we visited Alaska a few years ago, it seemed like an ideal opportunity could be to run some of those tourist souveniers with great designs. Regardless what your plans are, you will find a wealth of ideas and support here, so "bring on the questions" and you won't be disappointed.

3d_danny
05-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Welcome Doug,

We, too, visited Alaska recently and was amazed at the beauty. Unfortunately, visiting the "trinket" shops, there was allot of junk that was made in China. We preferred to buy artwork and items from the local people.

I understood while we were there that the most revered native totem pole carver was getting $1000 a foot for his poles.

It would be interesting to build a giant indexer to hold a pole for totem carving.....

Dan