PDA

View Full Version : X,y&z values

brian
01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I've just gotten an Alpha 96 up and running.One of the first things I noticed was the X,Y&Z values are about twicw what they should be.If I jog for home to the other extreme the values for X&Y readabout 170,85.
Did I install something wrong.Maybe the software thinks its a 6'by 16' table(I wish).
Anyone have any ideas on a solution to this problem
Oh! I almost forgot.I thought I'd say that I bought a Shopbot because of this forum.I've followed it for about six months and was amased at the support people recieve here.
Brian

paco
01-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi Brian!

Check units values for the axis (VU command). Do you read 1273.2395 (assuming your tool is having the same pinion as mine with no gear box; as good as I know, it should be like mine or I'd guess you would have got a special notice about it...) for X, Y, Z and A axis? Installing SB3 with the wrong size bed should'nt cause such problem...

richards
01-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Use the VU command to change/check the unit values. The unit values are the number of stepper motor steps that equal one unit of measurement. On my Alpha 120-60, the value for the x,y,z, and a axes is 1273.2395.

If each move goes about twice as far as it should, you will want to divide the unit value by 2. When you are close, move each axis ten inches and then measure the actual distance moved (I taped an accurate rule to the rails when I made this test). Adjust the numbers as necessary until you get exactly the distance specified.

(Paco, you beat me. I was composing when you posted.)

paco
01-14-2006, 12:50 PM