View Full Version : Castle bunkbed pic

weslambe
02-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Here is a bunkbed I made for my two daughters using the Shopbot and Corel Draw. It took about 1 day to design and 1 day to cut and put together. The bottom has a mattress just thrown in there right now, but I do have a base that swings the mattress up out of the way so that the bottom can be used as a play area.

A mattress is also located behind the battlements on top.

/image {castle bunkbed}

weslambe
02-23-2004, 12:02 PM
try again

\image {castle bunkbed}

weslambe
02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
jeez, here I go again.}
9155}

weslambe
02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
BTW, all of the "brick" lines are actually cut into the wood so that they look real up close. There is 50" of clearance on the inside. You see a small ladder next to the bed because I haven't had time to getting around to making a real ladder yet. It's got about 250.00 worth of wood in it and a couple of days time. Everyone who sees it says I should sell them.

rookie432
02-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Great Wes,
Now there's some creative thinking.Watched a special on TV one night about a company in California that did nothing but make kids castles and custom designed play yards for the elite wealthy. I think their projects started at about $150,000 and up to do a safe play system for Famous actors and actress's children. This project kinda reminded me of this.