PDA

View Full Version : Another vacuum question...

tree
03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I have been reading all the other threads and I am heading toward the Fein Turbo III. I will be mostly working with 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" baltic birch in 5' x 2 1/2' blanks. I will have you guys some pics soon of the parts but here are some pics of the assembled. You think I will need to work with 2 Feins or will one be enough?

Here are the finished pics. ( The teak near the bottom one will give you a good idea of the parts. )

http://www.splawnguitars.com/amps_products.htm

harryball
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Air flow, you need air flow. I find the 7" or so of vacuum is good for most things I do but I often wish I had a couple more hundred cfm. I'm running 2 feins and am considering larger plumbing with 3 or 4 as my budget permits.

With 2 feins I regularly cut parts from full sheets of 1/2" ACX ply that are about 15" x 24" without any trouble. In fact... I've forgot to turn off the vacs and stood there like a dummy confused because I'm trying to pickup one of the parts and can't move it. I also cut panels about 4.5" x 19.25". I have to cut them early (while there are fewer vac leaks)and be strategic with the cutting path but it works. With reasonable effort I can free those from the table with the vac on but by that time the guage shows about 2.5" of vac.

Robert

tree
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
My parts average 9" x 28", 28" x 28" with 4 12" holes, and 14" x 28". Im thinking 2 feins... But just for curiosity sake... What are some Industrial vacuum pumps to look into? Im guessing 250-350 CFM+ @ no less then 10-15Hg running on 220 volts.