PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant question #2

dvmike
03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
I have downloaded several drawing images to my computer. When I try to "open existing file" in Aspire the folder is there but no file.
What did I do wrong?
Sorry for such remedial questions , but I am new to this aspect of the software. I've always created signs with text and border pocketing ,or V-Carve . Now I am branching out of simple rustic sign making and need to be able to work with clipart and 3D tools , which at this time (I must admit) is a little intimidating oin the fly.

Thanks for any responses.

ironsides
03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I would strongly suggest that you watch all of the tutorials and do the exercises. After a while, thanks to the turorials, I have had a great time with Aspire.

George

zeykr
03-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Mike,
Are you talking bitmap images for tracing or vector art files?

For either, start aspire and create a new model then:

For vector files (.eps, .ai, .dxf) click on the folder under file operations with a page with a small circle in it.

For bitmap files (.jpg etc) click on the folder under file operations with the page with a blackbird on it.

Aspire should then show files of the proper type - i.e if you used the vector icon only vector files of the proper extension such as .eps will show.

I think you may have been trying to open a bitmap or vector file using file open, or the empty folder under file options which is for opening aspire files (created by aspire and saved in native format .crv3d).

dvmike
04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys !
Of course I was doing something wrong !
Have you ever asked a stupid question and then regretted it 2 seconds later ?:rolleyes: