View Full Version : M$ Access Developer Wanted

Gary Campbell
03-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I am looking to develop or co-develop a M$ Access based relational database top do cabinetry related costing, estimates, outsourced wood products purchase orders, hardware inventory control, cabinet build labels and invoicing for our eCabinets cut wholesale products.

Anyone with Access experience that wants to have a shot at it? I dont know if this is a $5 or $5million deal, but its a good range!
Thanks in advance. email below

knight_toolworks
03-14-2010, 11:41 PM
sure you want to get bogged down with access? the thing is far harder to program the files are seldom good to import to other dadabase apps. myself I would think about anotehr software program so your not stuck with what microsoft comes out with.

oddcoach
03-15-2010, 09:59 AM
I would try Filemaker.
I have used it
very simple to learn yet still very powerful

ssflyer
03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Gary,

I'm interested, but I would probably recommend SQL Server Express - free version that uses the same DB engine as the full blown product. Easy to develop an application in C#, VB, or any .NET language. As far as being a Microsoft product, I've developed programs for a lot of databases, and I'd put SQL Server up against any of them...

Could you send more details of the requirements?

Thanks,
Ron

Gary Campbell
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Steve...
Absolutely

John...
You are probably right, but no thanks.

Gentlemen...
I am sorry that I did not mention that due to some unwritten export requirements that I would prefer to stay with Access. I know this is contradictory to the members of the open and free world, but I own it AND am a Micro$oft junkie. Please know that I realize that exchanges could be made with most any DB app, but its only a few click tranferring data between M$ apps. (for me, the unknowing, at my skill level)

Ron....
email sent