PDA

View Full Version : Aspire to ShopBot Control Software v3 Question

korey_hammer
03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
I am in the process of creating multiple signs for a project I am working on. I have created the sign template with the graphic and the words on the template; I have also saved a ShopBot cutting file and have cut the file. Last night I tried to change the words on the template; I was able to recalculate the tool paths on Aspire and looked good when I previewed it in Aspire. I saved the tool-paths to a different file name to cut it using the ShopBot software. When I previewed the cut with the Shopbot Software, the only tool-path that showed up was the graphic tool path. Therefore, I tried to resave the cutting file from Aspire and previewed the cut and the tool path still did not show up. Has anyone had the same problem or have a solution for this? I have 48 signs to cut and do not want to create a new template in Aspire every time I have to cut a sign.
Thanks for your help

blackhawk
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Korey - What version of the Shopbot software are you using?

jay_d_wyant
03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Did create a new toolpath and save that as something new? If you just saved the changes to the Aspire file, that will not alter the toolpath.

ken_rychlik
03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
click on recalulate all toolpaths after you make the changes. Then save the toolpaths again.

Kenneth

korey_hammer
03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I am using v 2.504 Aspire and 3.6.10 shopbot control software version. I have recalculated the toolpaths and it still does not save all of the new toolpath.

Thanks

Korey

srwtlc
03-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Korey,

Are you trying to save multiple toolpaths? Do you have the check mark in "Output all" and also have the desired toolpaths checked?

Could you possibly be using a post processor that has tape splitting enabled (Not too likely)?