PDA

View Full Version : FIle saving & cutting sequence

dubliner
04-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm doing some sheet goods with the same bit for all functions so I saved all in one SB file, with the cut out last, Will the SW in fact leave the cut outs til last. I've seen the way the machine jumps around to tasks in a random manner, so I was trying to find out if I can drill holes, cut washer recesses, create pockets , and THEN make the release cuts. I know I could save the files individually but I thought this was supposed to be automation :-) TIA Dubliner

zeykr
04-03-2010, 06:04 PM
If they are created as separate tool paths, then saved into a single file, it will cut each toolpath in order it was listed. So if you had a drill path, then a pocket path, then a cutout path in that order, it will jump all over doing the drilling, but will complete drilling before it goes to pocketing, then complete pocketing before doing cutout.

dubliner
04-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks Ken, never quite knew that til now, a little worried as it was other peoples material. HEY! 6 x 12 PRS, you Dawg :-) Happy Easter, hope you make lots of money with the new machine.