PDA

View Full Version : Thick 1-1/8" ply in Georgia or near?

harryball
04-10-2010, 07:50 PM
1 1/8" Ply

I know Huber makes Advantech Flooring in 1 1/8" thick sheets as well as some other companies claiming to make similar products. I can't find a supplier that carries any of them.

Example, I called the Huber directly who confidently referred me to a distributor who said "Advanwhat?" After another call I was given a list of all their distributors. The BEST response was one that said they'd never sold the stuff but if Huber made it I could buy a whole truckload. How thoughtful.

So, does anyone know where I can get a 1 1/8" sheet good that carries the Exterior rating? i.e. ACX or BCX

/RB

harryball
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm running out of options, Advantech makes 1-1/8" sheets that I believe would be perfect. However, they apparently manufacture them and then admire them in warehouses because nobody sells them. I've tried as far away as Texas. The best offer I've had is to buy 12 units (30 sheets ea) and if I had that kind of cash laying around a new PRS would be on the way.

I found Extera in 1-1/4" sheets (well 25" x 16' sheets) in FL. I know it is "evil" but can anyone tell me where to find a sheet in Atlanta so I can do some test cuts? I've read several posts and it "seems" sanding with a quick wipe of alcohol (Jack Daniels might work :) ) would allow latex paint to adhere. I would be using small sections in direct sunlight with a high quality latex paint.

Unless anyone has other suggestions I'd like to try some test cuts.

/RB

blackhawk
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Robert - Did you search on the Extira website for distributors? Here is a link. 3 places popped up around Atlanta. http://cmi.findlocation.com/

I am up in Virginia, you could check with the 2 places that I use most often. Wurth Wood Group and Atlantic Plywood. Do a web search on their names and the websites should pop up. Atlantic has a place in Richmond and Wurth has a place in Raleigh. Not too close to you, but they would probably ship to you by freight. I know Wurth carries marine grade in thick pieces.

gene
05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
If wurth has it in raliegh they could transfer it to atlanta

blackhawk
05-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Gene - I am losing it. I looked at the Wurth locations and missed the Atlanta branch. I mentioned Raleigh because I thought that was the most Southern location.

coach
05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Probably kind of late but try ...... Inland Plywood, Cocoa, Fl.
I think they make their way to Ga. occasionally. 321 632 6027
Super people to do business with. I bet they can steer you in the right direction if they don't carry it.
Tell them you know me from the cnc forum.