PDA

View Full Version : offfall and sheet entry

zeykr
04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
When adding a less than full size sheet either irregular or rect, or selecting offall, can I somehow place it starting in lower left corner? Trying to enter a sheet upside down is making my head spin. I have it set in nesting settings to nest added or offfall in lower left corner, but it places sheets in upper right.

Also without barcode printer on shopbot controller machine (hope to add one soon), how do I know what to label off fall or flipops for later use?

Thanks
Ken

zeykr
04-15-2010, 08:06 PM
One more question. I'm doing a scrap part recovery on a very small drawer end (about 4" x 8"). When it does the reverse pass to remove the onion skin, it moves at .16 ips. It does not run this speed on the reverse pass when cutting the original part. Last line feed speed is set to 180.

I don't see where to set this speed for recovered parts.

Gary Campbell
04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Ken...

The off fall feature was designed as tho it was going to be the next sheet cut. There are some ways to make this happen the way you wish but takes a little experimentation.

Enter your off fall backwards and then select rotate 180 and see where and how is shows up on the screen. I cant remember the exact combo of moves , but I have done this in the past.

Can you print a label page on regular paper from a standard printer? If not, you should be able to select it from the list after it is added or write the number down and then enter it when needed. Dont forget to use the caps. The first digits will be the same only the last 2 or 3 will change as you add more.

Last line feed speed only controls the cutting that removes the ramp in section of the cut. This is where the part breaks free from the sheet. What is your % for thru cuts set at? Also, What is your max feed size set at? At this size and above thru cuts cut at full speed, below that they will cut a percentage based on size. They will not cut less than the Min Feed rate.

If you mean off falls rather than recovered parts, they will cut at the same settings that the rest of your job cuts at, based on the size parameter settings and minimums.

If you didnt mean off falls, please explain. Recovered parts is new to me.

ken_rychlik
04-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Ken,

I'm sure my way is not the correct way, but if you just nest the one part that got messed up on a normal sheet, all you have to do is place a piece of material in that area and it cuts it fine.

I need to figure out how to add off falls, but so far have not done so.

Kenneth

zeykr
04-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

Gary,
The recovered parts is on the load screen (screenshot attached). It apparently puts the single recovered part at the flip fence to be recut and this is where I have problems with the speed of the outline cut only. The dado's are cut at normal speed. Not sure what the real difference between this recovered part process and just selecting the one part and nesting is like Ken suggests which would work fine.

I have a zebra label printer I'm going to try to hook up and will get a dymo if it dosen't work, so we'll get the labels going soon. I've been cutting only single cabs so far, but haven't figured out the system for flip op numbers when I don't have labels. In the nest I last did there were 2 flip ops, Part number two on sheet 1 and part number 1 on sheet 2. The flip op # for the first is R01P0002 which looks like there is a system to the numbers, but the next which was part 1 on sheet 2 is R01P0009 which does not seem to have any relation that I can see. Not hard to figure out which is which with two pieces on one cabinet, but would be hard on a large job without labels unless I'm missing something which is likely.

Does the off fall keep parts only for the current loaded job? I guess I thought I'd label them and if I don't use them for this job they'd be stored on the system and I could use them next week or whenever something came up they'd be useful for. I may be misunderstanding the off fall side of things.

The placing of odd sheets or off fall at upper right is a pain on my machine as it's a 6 footer with 1 foot of upper right side without spoilboard so I can place large things there (logs etc) and another foot before I get to the 4 x 8 area I defined as my machine in the link (seemed to have a problem when I told it I had a 5x10 or 6x10 but forgot exactly what that was) and with my fat belly, I can't lean over far enough to place them where they need to be easily. :D I have been placing odd sheets in lower left then defining them as though 0,0 is at upper right which is slow to enter at best. Guess I can put a fence at upper right to make it easier to load and go with the way it wants to place them there, just thought I may have been missing a way to make it work from lower left.

Thanks again for the help. I have a long way to go with ecabs and the link learning wise, but an already impressed with the system.

Gary Campbell
04-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Ken...
AHHHH yes, now I have it. Scrap parts recovery. I have been doing this from off falls and not selecting that box, as I dont want to place them at the flip op fence location. I just nest from a scrap or off fall sheet.

Yes... having the labels make it work. Each part will then be assigned to a cabinet AND have a barcode and R01 number. THe numbers do seem "random" and will reset for the next job, but there is a request to have them go more incrementally in number and stay in system so that they could be recut if needed. They could then be deleted when no longer needed.

All off falls remain in system til they are used. There is also a request to allow the same to happen for added sheets.

Hint: Try entering the sheet manually and see where it nests

zeykr
04-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks Gary. I'll work with it some more this weekend.

Gary Campbell
04-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Ken...
Try doing some rotations (180) of off falls and added sheets. You can add the sheets or select the off fall and nest. You should see visually what you will get.

Sorry about the brain fart on the scrap part recovery. I prefer to lay a partial on the table with a collar, so I havent used it.

There was some reason that I used added sheets rather than the off falls. The guys from TWD are adding some features but since a fix isnt needed, versions come a little slower.