PDA

View Full Version : Working dwg files

propellers
05-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I tried importing this file into Partworks 2D. The file will import but I cannot manipulate the drawing. I would like to remove or rearrange some of the instruments. Would someone advise how I can ativate the vectors to accomplish this?

harold_weber
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Lonnie, I couldn't even get your file to open in Vcarve Pro.
I brought it into Rhino and saved it as a DXF file, Release 12, that did open up and is editable in Vcarve Pro. I just E-mailed it to you, try it.

adrianm
05-01-2010, 05:32 PM
What versions are you using?

It opened fine for me in PartWorks V2.5 after ignoring a minor error.

One of the major things changed in the last release of VCarve/PartWorks was the DXF/DWG import.

curtiss
05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Kind of a cool Autocad aircraft panel file. That took someone quite a bit of time to create.

What does "GEAR dim" mean ?? and unsafe left nose right ??? :)

propellers
05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Harold, Thanks for the zip file, I opened it in PWorks 2.5 but still could not select vectors to manipulate.

propellers
05-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Adrian, Thanks, I'm using PWorks 2.5. I got the same message and it does open but it is not possible to select vectors to create a tooling path.

propellers
05-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Curtis, This program was produced on AutoCad 12 in dxf format and was designed just for the purpose of Instrument Panels.

Gear dim..this is a selector to dim the landing gear up or down unsafe/safe light so during night flying the indicating lights won't light the cockpit and make it difficult for night operation..just like the dimming lights on your car instrument panel.

The Unsafe left/nose/right is an indicater to let my know if one of the three landing gears are not fully extended or not up in the wheel wheels properely.

If your in the Toledo, Ohio area let me know and I'll give you a personal experience of those questions.

adrianm
05-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Adrian, Thanks, I'm using PWorks 2.5. I got the same message and it does open but it is not possible to select vectors to create a tooling path.

As with most imported CAD drawings there are a lot of duplicate and open vectors. You need to clean those up before you can use them for toolpaths unless you're doing simple profile-on cuts.

I misunderstood and thought you were unable to select the vectors at all rather than not being able to toolpath them.

oddcoach
05-02-2010, 10:54 AM
try ungrouping them first

JohnDempsey
10-31-2011, 11:41 PM
I tried importing this file into Partworks 2D. The file will import but I cannot manipulate the drawing. I would like to remove or rearrange some of the instruments. Would someone advise how I can ativate the vectors to accomplish this?
For restore dwg files try recover dwg (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/dwg.html). The program works under any Windows OS. The utility restores .dwg files after hdd failures, malicious software. The utility uses high end ways of restoring autocad data.

MogulTx
11-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Lonnie,

I can manipulate that drawing in DesignCad. It has 9 layers to it. You MAY be having trouble if you don't have all the layers set up to be used, or something.... I can put it into a DXF for you, or I can change things up for you... and I can even do cut files if you like (In part Works 3.0).

I am intrigued because I work in simulation and I am also a private pilot getting back into flying after many years- so if you need some assistance, I will be happy to help you. It will be another link in a chain in which I am interested.

Best regards,

Monty