PDA

View Full Version : how do you resume

mikeb
05-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Started running plennum file today, had to leave for a couple of hours so I stopped [paused] the program , when I returned, got the .com error, and was directed to re zero all axis,not thinking I directed the bot to jog home , ran into the stop blocks, My question is how do you reenter a file and start where you left off previously?

Mike

kevin
05-14-2010, 10:04 PM
go to file then go line thats althere to it

mikeb
05-16-2010, 08:34 PM
the file stopped at that point,and Ihad to start from scratch, so my question should have been, how do you re-enter a stoped file and resume from a line number/

beacon14
05-16-2010, 11:12 PM
There are at least a couple of ways. You can use the FG command to start a file, go to a specified line, and run the file from that line. If you do that you'll have to be careful that you don't skip important lines like variable definitions, move speed settings, or a router-on command, and you'll have to be careful where the bit rests when you start, and which line you start at as the bit will make a straight line to the first location commanded, even if it means plowing a groove where you did not want one.

Another way is to open the file in the SB (or another) text editor, and modify the code so it only cuts what you want it to. Again, there are multiple ways to accomplish this. You could delete all the lines you don't need to re-run, and re-save the file with a new name for one-time use only. Or, you can insert a GOTO command near the beginning of the file after any start-up sequence such as mentioned above, then insert a LABEL: before the first line you want to cut, like this:

MS,2,2 ;sets Move speeds
&Zup = 1 ;safe Z axis location
SO,1,1 ;turn router on

GOTO STARTHERE

M3,lines to be ignored
M3,lines to be ignored
M3,lines to be ignored

STARTHERE:
M3,lines to be cut
and so onBe careful to undo your changes (or save as a new file) if you want to run the file again without the change.

dlcw
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Be VERY careful with pause/resume. I've never gotten it to work without screwing things up. I make sure I have enough time to complete a file before starting it. IMHO this is one of those features in SB Control that should be removed because it doesn't work reliably, but people are tempted to use it and end up ruining a project along with expensive material.

jerry_stanek
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Sometimes I hit the stop button for one reason or another and then resume. I have not had that problem even after pausing over night.

donchandler
05-17-2010, 08:11 PM
I have found that the FG command does not work right. If you have a subroutine in the program it won't work at all.
It worked pretty well in the old DOS software.