View Full Version : X, y & z zero routine suddenly gone turbo

plemon
06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi,

Bit of background on the issue. Firstly, all was running nicely when suddenly during a routine cut of some pine (2mm skim, nothing heavy), my shopbot stopped. I doubted my z postion would have remained accurate so I ran the Zero Z routine with my z plate. Well, the initial plunge dropped down at a million inches a second, leaving a nice imprint in my z plate. Luckily I had lowered it to only a couple of mm from the plate before running the routine. I hate to think what damage could have been done if the spindle had been retracted higher. Anyway, after slamming into the z plate, the spindle then retracted at an equally astonishing pace to the top of the z axis but I hit the space bar before it could blast out of the roof of my workshop like the glass elevator in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

:eek:

The following error appeared on the screen;

Parameter Value Below Range for VU -- Setting to Lower Limit (.1269999980926510)!

I figured that if the computer bothered to put in an exlamation mark then it must be serious. :rolleyes:

I tried it again, with the same result (but I space bared before it smashed into the bed and a second time before it shot throught the roof).:mad:

I then tried the X,Y zero routine and the same thing happened, it practically flew down the length of the table (I swear it must have thought it was drag racing my thicknesser). Luckily I had my finger on the space bar.

So, both routines are turbo charged now.:confused:

I tested my shopbot by giving it some jog and move instructions on all axis and it worked fine - at normal speed.

I ran the setup tool and reentered all my values and tried again. Same super charged result.

I uninstalled the software, deleted the directories, restarted everything, reinstalled software and tried again.

I am still running at light speed!

Any ideas anyone? I thought it might be a config file or a registry setting that I missed when deleting the original installation (I didn't remove partworks as I don't think its configuration affects the shopbot control software).

Phil

Gary Campbell
06-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Phil...
My guess is this is a metric error. Your speeds have been reset to 25.4 times what they were. Try re running the setup routine. You can also try to find and delete the Shopbot.ini file, load default settings for your machine. [U] [R]

plemon
06-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks Gary.

Running the setup didn't fix it but resetting to defaults did. I'm still racking my brain as to what I did to cause the problem in the first place.

Anywho, thanks again.

Phil