View Full Version : Fly Boxes

butch
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
After seeing everyones posts, I thought I would post my latest project. It is not in the category of rebuilding a church or even building a fancy cabinet, but I hope you will enjoy. Just wanted to thank everyone for posting in here. Very inspiring for those like myself.
These are fly boxes, that I hope every visiting fisherman that floats the Missouri or Madison takes at least one home with them. (most of us from around here still keep our fishing equipment in a tobacco can or snoose box)

tom_fiddler
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Very Nice

mmccue29
03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
very nice. What kind of hinges did you use?

butch
03-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks
They are 8mm Soss hidden barrel hinges. It was the only hinge I could find for under $5. The piano hinges get caught in the material of a fly vest, so I wanted to stay away from them. Plus a couple of customers didn't want them. Found some at Hardware Source. They do not close completely, but with the lip the box has to be pushed closed anyway. I have had a couple fall apart so I am really watching them and keeping options for other hinges. Have a hundred of these out, and another order,so I should find out pretty soon if they will hold up.
Butch