PDA

View Full Version : Drill Press Preview holes dissapear!

Jamesve
06-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Hello,

Does any one else have this problem?

When I run the Drill press virtual tool and enter all the data in for drilling rows of holes (like for adj. shelves) the holes do not show up on the little preview board just to the right of where I enter all the data. If I shrink the size of the board, sometimes the holes show up, but not always. This was never a problem until I upgraded to the control software V. 3.6.5. I tried upgrading to 3.6.16 (done successfully) hoping the problem would be fixed but it wasn't. I'm running a PRTAlpha. Has this happened to any of you? Any suggestions on how to fix it? We do TON of drilling on the ShopBot and this glitch is really frustrating.

Also, when we 'make the shopbot file' and then choose to 'add more holes to the same file' the program writes a "SO, 1, 0" line into the code after the first set of holes which turns off the spindle. Then it continues trying to bore the second set of holes with the spindle not spinning. Is there a way to tell the drill press tool NOT to write this line in the code, or do we just always have to delete it?

thanks.

beacon14
06-12-2010, 10:41 AM
If you have PartWorks it will probably be much easier to get the results you want using that. PartWorks has a Drilling tool and excellent previewing capabilities. The Drill Press virtual tool was written for us poor old blokes who were trying to make stuff before PartWorks was around.

Jamesve
06-14-2010, 07:45 AM
We've got the PartWizard. From what I gather, PartWorks is the newer version of PartWizard that comes standard with every ShopBot, is this correct?

bill.young
06-14-2010, 02:53 PM
hey James,

Looks like I missed this thread earlier.

There was an issue in the past with holes not showing up that happened if the holes were small and the sheet size was large...the holes in the preview were there but too small to see. I thought that was fixed, but if that's what's happening for you then obviously it wasn't.

If you can send me an email with details on when it's happening I'll see what I can do about the holes, and fix the SO issue with the added hole arrays as well.

Bill