PDA

View Full Version : changing the material thickness

bahed
06-20-2010, 11:43 PM
I am having a hard time changing the material thickness once created. At times I have had to reset the relief, delete it, or even delete the project and start over again because I could not reset the material thickness.

I am apparently not doing something correct because it should be a fairly easy process if you are wanting to repeat the the same cut file on a slightly different sized material.

bleeth
06-21-2010, 06:22 AM
All Artcam Pro models have the thickness determined by the depth of the relief first, and then set in the toolpath page. You can change the material thickness in the toolpath quite easily. As you select what type of toolpath to run the thickness is determined in the material setup button near the bottom. If you want to change it you reopen the toolpath via the edit option. If you are working with PW then you set the thickness at the beginning and that is it-you can't change it after that. You can copy and paste your vectors to a new model though that you can create with a different thickness.

bahed
06-21-2010, 07:34 AM
I am working with ACP 9.021 in case it matters. I have tried several ways to changee the material thickness, but it won't allow me to.

bleeth
06-21-2010, 11:53 AM
I also use version 9. Are you sure you are trying to do this in the toolpath creation/edit area? It is the material setup button at the bottom of the page.

garyb
06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
on the top menu Toolpaths>Material Setup then in the material thickness over-type to the value you need the thickness to be and press enter for it to take.

if you don't replace the thickness shown with a new value and press enter you will keep getting the pop up error message if your model is greater than your material thickness.

bahed
06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Not sure what the problem was. I tried everything as far as deleting the relief, the polylines, the Project, re-booting and I was always faced with the same greyed out option for "Delete Material" under "Toolpaths" and the Material Setup option had a greyed out "Ok" option

I talked to the folks at SB this morning and they informed me of a later version (9.126), which I downloaded and installed just a bit ago. I am now capable of changing the material thickness.

No idea what the deal was. Thanks for your responses.