PDA

View Full Version : Blips and z height

alister
07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi,
I was playing with the Gary written zero to bed custom 9 file today.

One quirk my machine has is to throw a limit stop hit randomly...and normally I'd hit resume and all is good.

with the new file -after resume was hit the z would lower ...but not to where it was ...until it started a new part and would plunge correctly....this leaves me with an incomplete part.

What is the best work around?

loriny
07-13-2010, 11:00 PM
This may not be the answer you are looking for but I would definitely try find out why it does this rather than work around it. Mine was doing it some but it seems the culprit was probably a loose connector going to one of my motors if I remember right.

ken_rychlik
07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
I had it happen on some custom files and it was limited ram on my pc.

I slowed the move and jog speeds way down and it ran fine.

After putting 2 gigs of ram in the bot pc, I was able to speed up the files again.

May have something to do with yours, or it may not.

Kenneth

alister
07-14-2010, 09:42 AM
I'll check the connectors and throw more ram at it.
I'm cutting at 3 and jogging at 6
It happens more often since loading 3.6-- but it might be twice a day

Apart from the blips the file is great!

Gary Campbell
07-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Alister...
IF it is an erroneous limit hit, then setting limits off ([V] [N] should stop the hits. Try recutting the file, even with no material on the table to see if the error reappears.

You say 3.6.???? which version?

I experienced a similar occurance 3 times on my old machine in the FL Keys last week while surfacing the table. 2 times with dust on and once with it off and no bit. Problem was solved by connecting the DC hose wires correctly. Z blips appear to have been static induced. The "old girl" has a nice air conditioned home. More static with lower humidity.

alister
07-18-2010, 10:28 AM
The file air cut all right.

I'm running 3.6.16

I was cutting with Aspire yesterday and got blips....I think you guys are right -I've just got to get off my arse and properly check my grounding and stuff...up until now the only penalty for not doing so was just having to hit the resume....no loss of parts.

Nice big "duh moment" for me in your message
"setting limits off ([V] [N] should stop the hits"
Never would have thought of that!!

Gary Campbell
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Alister...
Switch to 3.6.18. I am sure it wont do anything to cure your problem, but seems to be better all around.

My guess is that setting the limits off wont stop your "blips". When it happens do you hear a sound? Like running over a nail on the rails? That was the case I witnessed.

1st and most important, used a DC hose with an imbedded wire, and make sure there is a continuous wire all the way to the dustfoot. Then run a wire from the end of the hose thats away from the machine to an electrical box that has a ground installed. Then add other grounding.