View Full Version : Post Processor for Indexer?

kubotaman
07-24-2010, 02:09 PM
What post processor are you fellas using when you are making a wrapped file? I use Alpha, speed control with arcs. Is that the correct one when going to cut a wrapped file? All I get the file to cut is as if it were flat stock. I watched all of the videos and still It cuts flat even though the drawing shows as if it were wrapped like I want it to be. The B axis never moves when cutting. It is as if it were not ever there.

dana_swift
07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Go examine the post processor file you are using in a text editor, (Notepad or Notepad++). Read the Vectric documentation regarding post processors, and see where it is going wrong. (I dont remember if the documentation came with Aspire or was a download, but it was free either way.)

Once I did that, I saw how to modify my post processor to provide constant linear velocity, by changing the move speed on the indexer as the radius decreased.

Also look at the SBP file to figure out what is being generated by the post. Then after a few minutes the light should "go on" and the problem will be a non-issue.

D

kubotaman
07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Dana, Thanks for the reply. I had examined the post processor made in Aspire and nowhere was B axis mentioned. That is why I thought I was using the incorrect one. Is the post processor specifically for rotary axis in Aspire that I should know about. I've ooked and can't seem to find one.

dana_swift
07-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Daryl- Here is the text of what I use. Note my indexer is on my A axis, so change that to B for your case. Also note my indexer is aligned with my X axis, that may not be the case with your indexer. It should be a good starting point.

Also note the forum forbids uploading post processor ".pp" files. I named it ".txt" so the forum would accept it, you must rename it back. Hint to the forum admin, please allow .pp files to be uploaded!

Note the magic lines:

"if [Z] > 0 then &AngularFeedRate=(180*%72)/(3.14159*[Z])"
"if &AngularFeedRate > 720 then &AngularFeedRate = 720"

You may find two revolutions per second is too fast as it gets near the center-line, so reduce it to a value you find suitable.

This code provides constant linear velocity as the radius decreases. My own addition.

Hope that helps-

D

rcnewcomb
07-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Scott Cox should also have a copy of the post processor that would work for you.

Gary Campbell
07-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Daryl...
If you have installed one of the newer versions of SB3, then you will have a "PartWorks Posts" folder in your C:\SbParts folder. There is a post for the indexer for both X & Y orientation. Copy the one(s) you want to the C:\Program Files\ShopBot\PartWorks\PostP folder

kubotaman
07-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks to everyone I found the reason I couldn't get the indexer to work. I was saving it to the wrong post processor. I got it working! Thanks!!

rcnewcomb
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Now you need to post some photos of your creations!