PDA

View Full Version : Looking for dog head patterns

sco@island.net
11-07-2001, 09:46 PM
Hi There:
It's been awhile, but I'm back and need some help. I am looking for patterns of Dog Heads.
They need to be 12" high.
Our shopbot is working well, and we use
Turbocad 7.0. It's really quite easy.
If anyone can help out with the patterns,
let me know. It's greatly appreciated. There are
so many dogs, and we have to do as many as we can.
Thanks
Shirley
Golden Touch Woodworking

davidallen
11-08-2001, 03:18 PM
go to your nearest Big Name bookstore and look in their clip art collections. I've seen a couple of books of animal and dog silhouettes. you can scan them then trace their outlines to produce cut files.

sco@island.net
11-08-2001, 03:33 PM
Good Afternoon:
We've looked into stained glass books and have
been quite successful in obtaining patterns we can use for about 40% of what we need. We are quite remote here and 2-1/2 hours from any major shopping center. Perhaps you can give us the name of the book you refer to and I can call Chapters and see if they have it.
Thanks for you help David Allen.
Talk to you soon
Shirley
Golden Touch Woodworking

billp
11-09-2001, 10:43 AM
Shirley, I think I know the series of books David is speaking about. They are published as the "Dover clip art series"by Dover Publications, 31 East 2nd St. Mineola, N.Y. 11501. I have a few of them and they cost $5.95 at Barnes and Noble, ( you might try their web site..). My version of "old fashioned animal cuts" has 24 dog images. These books are made to scan, in that they only print their images on one side of each page to prevent 'bleed through'. They are pretty detailed in some cases, so you could get a nice cutting file out of them..Bill P.

sco@island.net
11-09-2001, 01:41 PM
Bill P: Thanks for your info on the Dover Clip Art series. I contacted Chapters/Indigo books but they don't have any. I'm trying their web site and will also try Barnes & Noble's web site and Dover Publications as well. I'll let you know how I make out.
Thanks again.
Shirley Scott
Golden Touch Woodworking

garlicking@home.com
11-09-2001, 09:45 PM
Shirley,
check out AHEAD GRAPHICS on the web You'll like the pics if you like das canines. Convert and cut.

flyboy
11-13-2001, 11:58 PM
I'm doing some christmas art the same way. The problem is that I have Turbo Cad that I could swear used to have a "trace" feature in the edit menu. It was great at being able to take clip art which you can just download free on the web and then convert from raster to vector. Then I sized it up to whatever size I wanted. I had just needed a bigger machine. Now I do but I can't find the "trace" feature. Anybody know????? I looked up on the web raster to vector converters and I saw a few so I know I can get those but I would rather use Turbo Cad.

rgengrave@aol.com
11-14-2001, 04:29 PM
Tom

Click on File then Trace

RonV

sco@island.net
11-17-2001, 12:09 PM
Good Morning: Tom - We use Turbocad 7 and the
spline tool does the tracing (really easy). Just
open turbocad and the 'spline tool' is on the left
side, about 2/3rd the way down.
Use it and it makes whatever you're tracing
a vector image. Then we save it, import to Corel9
and convert to DXF. We then export it to a floppy and take to the shopbot for cutting etc.
Our computer is not in the shop so we have to
go through these steps. But it's easy.
Shirley

flyboy
11-18-2001, 07:42 PM
Thanks, I know I can't find the "trace" feature anywhere now. I used to run Turocad 4 pro and it did have it. Question: Why do you use Corel draw t convert to DXF and not TurboCad?

Thanks again,

Tom