PDA

View Full Version : Did someone try to spam the forum?

mikejohn
11-23-2004, 05:25 AM
I tried to post this in the test area. it failed. Looking at the timing of the messages, it looks as though 'Leo Jons' has spammed the forum, and screwed things up
..Mike

fleinbach
11-23-2004, 07:03 AM
I was wondering the same thing. When you go to his posts they do not exist. My post didn't appear in test area either. So i'm not sure it will stay here either.

gerald_d
11-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Ah, now I see what you guys are talking about...

From the "Topics Page" (that I never use), it can be see that a Leo Jons did make posts all over the forum. Posts which have obviously since been deleted. The Topics page does not update automatically when a post is deleted. It could well be that the moderators locked the board for a while to keep the spammer out (standard practice). Spammers may not realise that their IP addresses are visible to the moderators.

gerald_d
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
For those asking me how I manage without looking at the Topics page.... In my "profile" I have selected to stay logged in and have accepted cookies. Then I have a bookmark to "Check new messages".

ckurak
11-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Yes, last night someone had posted numerous LONG messages offering TONS of software for sale, including "cracked" software. Evidently the moderators cleaned this up for us. Thank you!