PDA

View Full Version : Latest SB SW problem

dubliner
11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Man, I was just warming up the spindle after downloading latest version, then I get a notice about tool changer, switched back to .14 version and firmware, but still getting the toolchanger error, it wont let me C3, what up?

bill.young
11-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey Neville,

This is just a guess, but I'm wondering if the variable that indicates if you have a toolchanger in your my_variables file has gotten flipped to 1 (for ON) instead of 0 (for OFF).

To check it, look in the c:\sbparts\custom folder and open the my_variables.sbc file. Look almost at the bottom for a line that says "&ATC = 0". If you see that then I'm wrong and you should check with ShopBot support.

If it says "&ATC = 1" though then it thinks you have a toolchanger and is running the toolchanger zeroing routines. Change that 1 to a 0, save the my_variables file, and see if that doesn't fix it.

Bill

ken_rychlik
12-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Neville, I had to use a copy of the old C3 (xyzero) file after I "upgraded"

The Z zero file is probably bad too. Be carefull when you try it.

If you need coppies, you can download an old version to a different pc and put them on a zip drive. Under Sbparts the zzero and xyzero can be cooppied and then pasted on your bot pc.

Be sure to post the answer when you get it working again.

cookie
12-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I had the same problem and called support and the problem was the update changed the the my variables to having a atc. Bill is right on with the diagnosis. Ted at shopbot didn't know why it changes with the update. He got it working in short order.

Bruce Koch

dubliner
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
That was it my fellow Nutgrovian, and Thanks Ken & Bruce for your help too. Cheers Bill. I owe you a Scrumpy :-)

bill.young
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Anything for a Nutgrovian brother!