PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Work

Gary Campbell
12-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Guys...
Here are some pics of a wholesale job from early in the year.

1st is a portion of the beaded wainscot mdf doors that were shown in other posts. We were able to obtain this job over other shops for 2 main reasons. 1) Square corners on the inside of the frame. 2) beads on upper fake draw front were aligned with those of the door below.

Second are an in progress and finished shots of a large entertainment unit from Birch and poplar. This was our first wholesale eCabs job and it turned out very well for both sides. It has inset poplar/birch ply shaker doors and a flat screen behind tambour.

Last is an Ipe and industrial grate gate that had to weigh in at 800 lbs. 2 layers of Ipe with the grate installed in a full dado.

Design by Architect, Mfgr by Islamorada Woodworks, Installation and finishing by Tom Baker, Cabinet Maker (Islamorada, FL) Tom is the proud new owner of my "old" PRSa 4 head machine.

loriny
12-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Those are nice. I really like the wide tambour idea. Do you make your own or buy it?
Lorin

kevin
12-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Its great work

The most creative is the exteror door did the Architect design it and also the wall unit

Gary thanks for your time in posting Also jealous of your ATC

Gary Campbell
12-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Lorin...
I did the slot cutting and Tom acquired the tambour and installed it. The cabinetry was a truckload of unfinished birch when I saw it last.

Kevin...
The gate was made as a replacement of an existing unit that had fallen apart, So, designed by the original architect. The current cabinet was designed by the present.

kevin
12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
The shopbot must have paid for itself on that door

Great Idea for door to tv not making tv the focal point

Thanks for answering nice to see cabinet work

tom
12-09-2010, 07:40 PM
gary those gate doors are still hanging true and plumb and they had to weigh all of that,

Botters
now you see why I bought the signature Gay Campbell PSRa:D

tom
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
oops big fingers small keys PRSa

Gary Campbell
12-09-2010, 08:48 PM
BAKER!!!!! the heck with the PRS fat finger flub.

FIX THE "GAY"

tom
12-09-2010, 09:13 PM
gary so sorry :D need to use the PC insteed of this little note book

wberminio
12-10-2010, 07:42 AM
What a difference One letter can make!:)

bleeth
12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
What's the problem Gary-Aren't you a most happy feller?
If all that white stuff is getting you down camp at PMI February.

nat_wheatley
12-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Loved it when I saw the typo, made my day!

Keep up the good work Tom.

Oh, and those cabinets aren't bad either, Gary ;)

tom
12-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey Gary did you winterize this machine when you left wind chill tonight 22

srwtlc
12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
22º, that's going to be balmy!

20º below the Z axis (there, it's SB related) here for tomorrow morning without windchill! :confused:

Gary Campbell
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Tom...
Scott is correct. Wind chill of 22 wont even force mosquitos to the sunny side of the house.

If you want to mail me something better make it quick. Mailbox will be buried soon! (see pic below)

dlcw
12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey Gary, that's where our snow was about 10 days ago. We had about 3 feet on the level with 10' berms. Now we have about 10" on the level and 6' berms. Major warm up, LOTs of RAIN and melting. Now we have flooding problems. On top of that we are supposed to get 50+ knot winds through which will uproot trees (in the already thawed ground) and drop them on power lines.

I'm ready for winter or summer but this **** weather has to go. :eek:

myxpykalix
12-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Gary,
Are you second guessing that desision to move to michigan from florida right about now?

We have a farm in Paw Paw close to kalamazoo and my brother lives in a log cabin we built long ago and he says its even cold thru 12" logs.

So much for global warming huh?:rolleyes:

Gary Campbell
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Don...
Good luck with the flooding and downed trees. No worries about a thaw here.

Jack...
No second guessing. In my black and white world, one is not allowed to move from the FL Keys to the UP and whine about the weather!

michael_schwartz
12-15-2010, 12:00 AM
send some of that snow here we need it!