PDA

View Full Version : Vac Plenum ?

LesLinton
12-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Well, my plenum board is glued down and I'm ready to cut all my little grooves.

I've noticed many people showing their plenums that have squares pop out and I had the same problems when my machine was last running.

I'm wondering if a different approach will work as well and thought I would toss this out to get some opinions.

I want to try this with a v-bit. 3/4" diameter. 3/8" depth on the v and another 1/8" straight.

Take a look at the pdf. 5 zones. I am MOST interested in why this method might not work. It seems like I should have no problems, but that's why I'm asking.

Couldn't get the file small enough with everything so I cut off the bottom two 24 x 48 sections.

Oh, I'm using my Fein for vac.

Les

knight_toolworks
12-10-2010, 12:30 AM
well with that setup as you go out your going to have less and less vacuum because your supports get larger and larger.

knight_toolworks
12-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I am thinking next time to just use a bunch of circles for support.

beacon14
12-11-2010, 12:05 AM
You should toolpath that and preview it in Partworks. I think you'll have a large area with no support near the center where all those wide v-cuts will overlap.

curtiss
12-11-2010, 09:56 AM
interesting plenum pattern...

but I would think a simple square grid pattern provides a more equal vacuum pull through the spoilboard above.

Not sure what the optimum size/ depth to the grid squares and channels are ... ???