View Full Version : Acrylic GPS Holder

kfitz
04-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm tired of my GPS rolling around on my dash when I'm driving, and I don't want to pay $30.00 for a fancy adjustable Garmin dash or window mount. So, I have designed a simple acrylic holder for a Garmin eTrex Legend GPS unit.

The ShopBot I normally use is 285 miles away. Would anybody be interested in cutting pieces for one of these for me? You will need a small piece of (scrap?) clear acrylic, polycarbonate, etc., and a 1/4" bit. In exchange, you have my permission to cut yourself one for personal use. If you start making these and selling them on eBay, please just give me a cut- HA! Anyway, it is very simple; just three parts, and should just take a few minutes. I can supply you with either an AI file or a Part Wizard file.

If anybody is interested, please let me know.

2610 (14.8 k)

harold_weber
04-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi Kevin,

I think I know you from John Forney's Camp??

I can make you the GPS holder, but all I have is 1/4 inch clear polycarbonate and 1/8 inch fluorescent yellow acrylic made by Tru Cast. If either of these are acceptable, let me know which and send the .ai file.

kfitz
04-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Thank you Harold! Yes, I met you at John's camp. I remember that you did a Rhino tutorial. I sure miss my 'Bot. The file is on its way. Thanks again for your help.

-Kevin