View Full Version : Wire Guide

dstacey
02-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a 60" prs alpha, but I broke the wire guide the other day. Is there a good source to get another one of these or build one of my own, or do I need to get a new one from Shoopbot? I have seen the echain that guys have built, but that looks a little over my skillset. I'm new to this.

Thanks,
Dave

steve_g
02-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Dave:
Let me encourage you to go the E-chain route. A new “Arch” will eventually break just as this one did. When mine broke it broke the wires going to my prox sensor, this led to a chain of events that cost me over $1000.00 to repair. You can always find a good E-chain deal on EBay, and it’s easy to figure out how to make work.

Steve

dstacey
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the tip. Any suggestions on how to find one on ebay? Is there more than one version? Ive never seen one and im not sure what to look for.

Dave

steve_g
02-21-2011, 07:26 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=e-chain&_sacat=0&_odkw=e+chain&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

This is what I got when I entered the search term "e-chain". Carefully check the measurements of the inside capacity of the chain you’re considering, and compare it to the bundle of wires you'll be putting in it. Make sure the wires will be plenty loose! It will simplify the install if the chain you get includes the ends. Also theoretically the length you need is ˝ the distance needed to travel, but get something a little longer. I’ll post some photos later tonight Illustrating what I mean by “ends” and showing a simple install.

Steve

Gary Campbell
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Dave...
ShopBot has the echain kits for your machine. It may cost a couple $ more than the eBay version, but it has the brackets and all the proper fasteners. And its the right size, length and bend radius. Takes all the experimentation out of the project. Plug and Play. They have them for the X also.

steve_g
02-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Gary! I didn't know shopbot had the kit available.

Dave, thats the way to go. No guessing!

Steve

dstacey
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Guys.

taylor
02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
until you get the e chain, put a small hinge where the break is . I ran mine that way for several years.

curtiss
02-21-2011, 10:34 PM
My arch did not break, but I replaced it this way...

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511&highlight=v-chain