PDA

View Full Version : Plans OR ideas for a childs bed

wmcghee
12-22-2008, 06:34 PM
My son is 7 and in need of a new bed. The one he has was mine and my other 2 children used it as well. I would like to build him one and I need some ideas. I have been looking for a while and nothing has really jumped out at me. I would like something kinda out of the ordinary. I would really appreciate some ideas.

coach
12-22-2008, 08:35 PM
How about cutting sides of a bed out of something he enjoys,,,,,boat,,auto,,,truck.
The mega collection has endless items.

David

harryball
12-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Check out Ikea online. I priced building a bed for my son with drawers under it... ended up buying it at Ikea and "improving" the assembly design. Honestly... I couldn't build and finish it for the price if I consider my time worth anything at all.

Now, that said if you are determined to build something yourself I understand. There are things I simply will build because I want to or I want to make it fit exactly... his bed was not one of those things.

/RB

mitch_prest
12-23-2008, 11:28 AM
heres something i have had in mind for a while..might be the alright for a seven year old..

mitch

khaos
12-23-2008, 12:12 PM
HOW FREAKIN COOL IS THAT!!!!! I love that!

zeykr
12-23-2008, 12:18 PM
That is neat! Would love to make something similar for my daughter, but making one to sell kinda worries me liability wise.

Wes Mason built something similar on his shopbot and posted here a couple years ago. Here is the thread:

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/312/3115.html