View Full Version : Indexer turning with Aspire!

kubotaman
03-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Okay I know this is most likely an Aspire question but here goes. I am making a acorn on my indexer and have a question. When it is in the final stages of using a .125 ballnose bit it will turn 360 degrees then reverse and do another 360 degrees. The z axis then raises .5 inch then goes down to the wood surface and then proceeds to cut in one direction then reverses itself and then raises again. It does this for the whole time it is cutting the final cut. Is there a way to stop the raising of the z axis and proceed to cut without raising the z axis? Why does Aspire make it reverse itself while cutting instead of just turning the z axis constantly in one direction which to my opinion would take half as much time. Anyone have the answers?

tmerrill
03-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Daryl,

This can happen when an edge of a 3D component matches the material edge or goes beyond it - you will get the retracts to Safe Z for safety reasons. In the picture below the left side of the top model goes slightly beyond the edge of the material and you can see the retracts to Safe Z in the blue finish toolpath. The right side, and the entire second model, are safely within the material and you don't see any retracts.

Try to increase your material size or position your model better in the material, recalculate your toolpath and inspect the toolpaths in the preview screen.

Tim