PDA

View Full Version : PRT Alpha rails

sawkerf
03-20-2011, 01:31 AM
I would like to upgrade my X rails on my PRT Alpha and I've read that several of you guys have ordered new hardened rails from BWC. Which ones do I order and how much should I expect to pay? Also, what about upgrading the y car rails? Thanks

cip
03-20-2011, 06:32 AM
The info that I got says the standard on the PRT Alpha is a T-2 rail.

I just priced T-3 rails and discovered BWC is $20.99 per ft. and Superior is $11.99 per ft.

I'm getting the T-3 rail and increasing the size of the roller wheels at the same time. Due to the fact that the rails don't come drilled for mounting the T-3 is easier to handle.

Mike

donchandler
03-20-2011, 09:51 PM
The info that I got says the standard on the PRT Alpha is a T-2 rail.

I just priced T-3 rails and discovered BWC is $20.99 per ft. and Superior is $11.99 per ft.

I'm getting the T-3 rail and increasing the size of the roller wheels at the same time. Due to the fact that the rails don't come drilled for mounting the T-3 is easier to handle.

Mike
I just bought T3 rails and I got them pre drilled. Makes mounting them much easier. Costs a little more, but well worth it.

MogulTx
03-20-2011, 10:58 PM
You can PROBABLY get the rails from Alamo Iron Works, and theyt will definitely drill for you if you can define where you need the holes and what size. I have bought a lot of steel from them over the years. They are a good outfit to work with...

Monty