View Full Version : ATC Dustfoot

Gary Campbell
03-25-2011, 12:03 AM
I have had a couple requests to show some pics of my ATC dustfoot.

The design (flow characteristics) are very similar to the ones made for my 4 head machine. This design has the 4" dust hose quartered off the front corner of the spindle. The motion required to change a tool has changed how the center deflector is mounted, but works just as well.

Due to variation in tool length, longer bristles were required. (longer than my 1st design. Shorter than the SB OEM) Also required were longer pneumatic cylinders to ensure keeping the bristles out of the tool forks. The cylinders lift half the dust brush vertically instead of the poorly sealed trap door of the OEM.

Please note: my machine was a prototype and not equiped with the same products that ship with current machines. That said, and whether you have an ATC or single tool machine, if you have any chips on the surface of your sheet when you are done cutting, Your dustfoot sucks! IF there is more than just a little left in the bottom of a thrucut, your dustfoot sucks! and if you have more than a cup or so of chips on the table after cutting a sheet of plywood parts, then, your dustfoot also sucks!

If you look carefully in the pics you can see the stream of chips whirling before they go up the hose. And as you can see from the pics, MY DUSTFOOT SUCKS! (translate as needed) :rolleyes:

Gary Campbell
08-04-2011, 09:16 PM
After a couple minor mods, finally got some video posted.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1#p/u/6/LZ1AR3fyfxM