PDA

View Full Version : Aspire 3v Modeling Module

Flite-Metal
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/support/aspire/images/Aspire_Final_Logo.jpg

Looking for info on the latest / greatest Aspire modeling module. Does anyone have a link to the modeling tutorial?
Their current site link does not have a tutorial. I am interested in learning more about specifics of this new module.

Gary Campbell
04-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Vectric.com > Training > Aspire > Tutorials

Flite-Metal
04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Vectric.com > Training > Aspire > Tutorials

Gary,

I know it may sound weird, but after viewing all the modules and finding none of them address the announced new
modeling attributes of 3v...I came to this forum to ask...and you send me back to the tutorial where there is nothing.

I reference the following announcement:

What's New in Aspire v3 : Aspire v3 includes major new functionality and extensive enhancements in every
area of the CNC design, modeling and machining process. With more than 30 hours of video tutorials included as
standard, to take you step-by-step from first principles to advanced techniques – CNC modeling and machining
has never been more accessible.

Aspire's custom built CNC modeling engine has undergone a dramatic transformation. Its unique 3D Component
modeling process is now even simpler, while continuing to extend the power and range of what is already one of
the most powerful CNC modeling toolsets in the industry.

The new component, creation, editing and management tools are now accessible from Aspire v3's dedicated
modeling tab – click here for more information. (nothing in the way of features and benefit though it was
inferred in the graphic with the P-51 that there were new lofting tools present...

Aspire Drawing tools have been complemented with the latest support for 3rd party CAD files, improved layer
management and the ability to flex and bend vector shapes and text using the new Distort Objects tool. All
of which has been reviewed in the original 3.v tutorial...which has nothing on modeling.

Gary Campbell
04-08-2011, 11:25 PM
PRESS HERE>>>>>> http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/support/aspire/aspire_tutorials_v3.htm

Flite-Metal
04-08-2011, 11:35 PM
http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/aspire/whats_new/aspire_v3/images/MustandImageToModel.jpg

The above is a graphic Vectric has placed as an illustration of modeling utility within their site. What it infers is a
utility other than a rail sweep with which to achieve conversion of 2D drawings into 3D with which to mill.

Perhaps there is something I overlooked, however after reviewing all of the tutorials "again', there is nothing which
explains nor even hints as a detail of the above modeling illustration shown on their site.

Typically in a modeling upscaling of 2D drawings there would be an auto trace/trace routine then file conversion to
vector file for further use in the rail sweep process of rendering the to be milled file. Is there such a tutorial...which
is described by Vectric's web site?

All inferences and graphics related to the inferences are here:
http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/aspire/whats_new/aspire_v3/whats_new_overview.htm

I anticipated something that would permit me to bring these into Aspire to create cut paths for what was desired.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143807&stc=1&d=1298492075

Gary Campbell
04-08-2011, 11:41 PM
IF you have specific questions concerning Vectric Software, conventional logic would be to ask them on the Vectric Forum. http://www.vectric.com/forum/

There are many extremely knowledgeable people there. If you have a machining question pertaining to a ShopBot, this would be the place to post the question.

Flite-Metal
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Yes,

I have asked the Brits and was led to what I shared with you. That is why, given the hour it is...,I thought someone Stateside
might have a copy of 3v. and might possibly be able to address my inquiry.

If you didn't know, it would have been better to have said so. Considering the amount of energy expended in leading me right
back to where I started. I understand unless there is an explicit need for this attribute those who already utilize CAD/CAM are
not typically going to understand its value to those in the scale modeling community.

Thank you for your extremely valuable time.

khalid
04-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Hi Ed,
I interpret the AirCraft image you posted as per attached comments. I think the 3D model is not made in Aspire but it is imported in Aspire and a relief is prepared. Again to my consideration the ASPIRE is not a 3D modeling (360 degree) software, it can only make 3D relief and machining strategies.

Brian Moran
04-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Hi,

The aircraft model is a low relief constructed from the photographic image shown below it in the illustration. It is not a full 3d model, this example was first demonstrated at the Vectric user group last year and all the videos and files are on the Aspire DVD showing how to do every step to get from the photo to the finished 'LOW RELIEF' model.

The 30 hours of Video which come with Aspire 3 are not all online. We had to go to 2 DVD's for the Aspire 3 release to hold all the video content. The videos we post online are at a lower resolution and are a selection of the introductory videos, intended to help people evaluate the trial version to ensure it is suitable for their needs. The more advanced tutorials are only available on the DVD.

Brian

Flite-Metal
04-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi,

The aircraft model is a low relief constructed from the photographic image shown below it in the illustration. It is not a full 3d
model, this example was first demonstrated at the Vectric user group last year and all the videos and files are on the Aspire
DVD showing how to do every step to get from the photo to the finished 'LOW RELIEF' model. Brian

Brian,

Thank you for your quick reply. I came to this forum in hope that someone had observed this functionality within 3v since I
did not find it in any of the tutorials. I will communicate with you through your normal email pathway for the balance of my
comments.

Ed

khalid
04-09-2011, 11:20 AM
I second Brian... You can make relief from the pictures too but not a full 3D model. this is because the Aspire can only be used for 3-axis and in some case limited 4-axis machining. You can not perform 5-axis machining with Aspire.

Flite-Metal
04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Please do not assume what you imagine my intentions are...to be correct. :)

I have utilized CAD in designing Competitive Flying Scale Modeling projects for over 15 yrs. and experienced the same
issues along the entire pathway. This to encounter the unnecessary but inevitable baggage accompaning hired gun
artistic skill sets.

My expertise is in project documentation; assuring continuity, aka accuracy, through extensive auditing of resources
from project consideration to the day the project completes its first ROG. Competitive Flying Scale Modeling is not a
casual model/toy airplane activity. It is a consuming process if it is to be a successful endevor. Not to make it sound
high brow, hoititoity, and snobbish.

Competitive Flying Scale Modeling is an obsession which preceded anyone's entering into the hobby of model aircraft.
Everyone entering the hobby envisions themselves flying a replica of a "whatever"...not the trainer all too many seem
to be satisfied with for recreational diversions from life's routine.

Competitive Flying Scale Modeling is a sport, not unlike that of baseball, football, and that most recent celebrated
round ball...basketball.

Competitive Flying Scale Modeling is the replication of a 1:1 man carrying heavier than air mechanical device commonly
called an airplane. Through international associations, FAI for one, individuals enter into a comparison of their "replica"
to the documentation they provide comparitors (judges).

Comparitors/Judges award prescribed point values for specific elements of the competitor's replica with respect to the
ability to replicate documentation provided by the competitor.

There is no person to person or replica to replica competition in this activity. The competitor is competing with the
documentation they provide judges... period.

This is rarely understood by those viewing or reading about a Competitive Flying Scale Modeling event/contest. The
typical spectator at these events thinks a model and its builder is judged against another competitor and their replica...:(

My point in sharing this detail is to explain competitors develop tools and processes by which tools are utilized to achieve
whatever it is they see in their mind's eye which must be satisfied with completion of a replica. I am adding to my tool box.

I sincerely appreciate everyone's feedback, questions, comments, and resource sharing. I have a need to know...You as
a group have answers for my questions...though you are not necessarily aware how what you know about CNC and many
dynamic control software attributes can provide me a better end result. :)

khalid
04-09-2011, 01:15 PM
hi Ed,
Keep your good work..Nothing is impossible in this world... Just need some patience, hardwork and luck... Your model seems very simple to me and if i have all the drawings available i can convert within a week..but i have already running too much projects in hand.
if you watch the work of this forum members you will be amazed to see the creativity and skills. I am really inspired by your work and you are really a genius man.
Regards

Flite-Metal
04-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Khalid,

Previously the requirement for my analog drawings to be manually traced, aka redrawn, into CAD weighed heavily on those
who volunteered and or were hired to evolve analog drawings to a vector state.

With Aspire 3v I perceive I will now be able to extend my analog workups into an extended vector state...with 3D which
can be appended to SolidWorks, or after validation audit be taken directly to an inhouse ShopBot to be milled.

19 months ago I was initially exposed to Aspire. Unknown to me, my partner in this endevor had been looking at ShopBot.
Two weeks ago during a dialog about ShopBot's new desk top 3 axis mill I happen to visit their web site where I was more
than pleased to see Aspire was PartWorks point of origin.

It has taken a fair number of individual conversations to identify what is and is not "assumed" in PartWorks. I say assumed
because each user of PartWorks is exposed to an area providing utility for their specific need.

Recognizing this, I have sought feedback from ShopBot's forum members with knowledge of Aspire 3v. It is good to see
Vectric's Brian and I assume Mark active in this forum.

This small image of my B-47 cross sections illustrates how close we are to milling components.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=143807&stc=1&d=1298492075

erik_f
09-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Something you might want to look at is Alibre design software. A little over my head but might be right up your ally.