PDA

View Full Version : and let that be a lesson to you...

harryball
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
BEFORE you spend about an hour checking pinions, greasing, listening to motors with a screwdriver to your ear and all around panic striken looking for that "SQAWNK" as the gantry moves across the table... check your overhead DC arm pivot, it might need a little grease. :rolleyes:

It sounded for sure like it was coming from the bot, with the motor noise and standing under it. I'd never heard the bot make a sound like that and it was loud enough I even stopped a job fearful of the twisted mangled parts I was sure to find.

Sigh of relief but the lesson... don't forget to look up. ;)

/RB

myxpykalix
04-20-2011, 01:26 PM
You would be surprised at the sounds the bot makes when you don't have a router running or vacumn hold downs or dust collection running:D

The good thing is that over time your ears get "tuned in" to the right sounds and its funny how you can tell thru the clutter of sounds if something isn't right.:)

MogulTx
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
You might be surprised at how load a little bitty twig can be when screetching on a metal roof, with just a little breeze. :eek: And if it doesn't put the fear into you, you've certainly got nerves of steel!

You can hear it with a router and DC system running. It is actually easy to hear with a moderate gust of wind/breeze.

That branch got cut a little closer to the tree the other day... and it solved a lot of sound issues that make me pause and listen.:D

Now if you guys know how to get a family of house wrens out of the building without killing the little gems, that would be a great source of satisfaction to me. They are just as cute as can be, but they poop everywhere! They have no respect for my work! ( or my paperwork, or my materials- or anything for that matter!) The babies are fliers now- but I am afraid they are about to lay clutch number 2 for the year... They gotta go. :o

Monty

curtiss
04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
If they are landing on an exposed overhead rafter, you can stretch some wire or heavy fishing line between nails about 2 inches above the rafter.

Sort of ruins their landing zone.