PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Camp Shopbots?

sebago_signworks
05-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Any happenings in the Northeast, PA-Maine?

wberminio
05-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Devin

I'm planning a camp at my shop sometime in Sept.
I've had one in May in the past,but hasn't worked out with my schedule past 2 years.

I'm located in NY just North of NYC near Ct border.
We'll keep you posted!

Erminio

michael_schwartz
05-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I am interested, since most of the CNC events seem to be down south :cool:

phil_o
05-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I've been to two Camps at Erminio's and I would attend another one there. Hope it can come together. Thanks in advance, Erminio.

Phil

Rolando
05-19-2011, 03:10 AM
Let me know, Rolando from morristown, NJ

wberminio
05-19-2011, 07:52 AM
We're working on a date-Looks like end of Sept/1st of Oct
I'll keep everyone posted

Looking forward to seeing you again,Phil!

Erminio

ludlow6
09-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Is this event still planned?

Would be interested in attending...
James

wberminio
09-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry Guys

We may need to postpone to spring.
I've been behind on work.(Thanks Hurricane Irene!)
Just trying to catch up.
I'll touch base with Bill P and let you know

phil_o
10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi Erminio,

did you have any damage to your shop or home? I'm not very far from you, we were fortunate. I hope you can get caught up to have the camp, I'm looking forward to it.

Phil

wberminio
10-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi Phil

We did have some flooding in the shop(I'm right next to the Saw Mill River /normally just a babbling brook!)
Also at home flooding/No power for a week
I'm way behind on the work I have.
Sorry Guys!
I was looking forward to the camp also!:(
If Shopbot OK's it- we will have it in the spring!

Erminio

michael_schwartz
01-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I might try to attend depending on the date.

Sorry to hear that you got flooded too. Its the worst kind of mess. I hope things are going ok.

Just about everybody here who was near a river, stream, creek, or brook got water. FEMA wasn't of much help. However the local construction companies started repairing roads that morning before anybody asked them to do it and the volunteer response was incredible. People were bringing in heavy equipment driving up to properties that looked like they needed it and letting total strangers use their equipment for weeks.

Financial challenges aside at least the initial cleanup, and then the process of rebuilding and making repairs, can be a very positive thing.

My shop is back up and running, but I still have to patch drywall, and make other repairs in my showroom.

sebago_signworks
03-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Any updates?

kurt_rose
03-25-2012, 09:50 AM
If this is a go I'd love to attend. I'll be watching this thread.

billp
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
We Will be holding a Camp Shopbot in Clifton,New Jersey this Fall ! Coy Frisbee has volunteered to host again and we'll firm up the date in the next few weeks !

kurt_rose
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks Bill for this and that other thing. You the man!

pappybaynes
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
How about the NORTHeast??

billp
03-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Dick, ( and anyone else interested in going to/organizing a Camp)
Organizing a Camp involves a few things, and one of the main components is having a Shopbotter (who has a shop) volunteer to be the host of such an event. Since we are drawing between 30-50 people for the Camps it wouldn't work if we tried it in someone's garage, or basement . And then there's the issue of plumbing capacity, etc. as well.
We NEED someplace where we can comfortably fit a number of people for talks, demos, etc. Having a recent vintage Shopbot is not as important as having a Shopbot in good working order.
Parking for 20+ vehicles is also a consideration to take into account.
And one of the more obvious factors is; are there any Shopbotters within reasonable commuting distance from the shop in question?
SO, if we can get some of the above criteria sorted out, we CAN have a Camp near you...
If anyone has specific questions about the process, OR would like to volunteer to be a host, let me know, and we'll start trying to make something happen...I can be reached at; campshopbot@gmail.com

sebago_signworks
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I am in Southern Maine, near the NH border and would be happy to hold one. I would like a co-host to help with different ideas etc. If anybody is interested, or anybody has intrest in coming to Maine for a meet, please post and let me know. I have room for 20/25, camping, etc.

billp
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Devin,
PM sent...

phil_o
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
I'd be willing to travel to Southern ME. I hear the lobsters are cheap there:D

Phil

sebago_signworks
03-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Just Posted new thread for "Northeastern/Southern Maine" Shopbot Camp