PDA

View Full Version : changing spindle speed

frank134
05-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi ...
Ok so my problems is . I have a prsalpha with a 4 hp spindle and a yaskawa vfd and prm controller. Everything been work fine. so today I go and start my warm-up and all I hear is one steady sound. The spindle don't change speed from the program. I can change the speed at the tool rpm control. I check and it connected to com 4 no problem. but it won't change if I am running a program. can anyone help?

Gary Campbell
05-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Frank...
Is the speed controller plugged into its own port on the computer and not the hub with the SB controller?

Does windows recognize it as separate from the controller?

Are you using a version of SB3 newer than 3.6.24?

Have all the drivers been installed/updated?

Have you updated SB3 lately?

I am leaving out all the obvious loose wires at all connections, etc. (check them)

frank134
05-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Thank you gary I just know you would be around for help.
yes it plug in to the computer. it com4 and the vfd go thru the hub to com3.
yes windows recognize it as a separate controller.
I up graded to version 3.6.36
yes all the driver have been installed.
yes I did upgrade
It work before at least four day ago fine. I can't remember if it work after I upgraded. I wasn't listening to the sound then. I reinstall and did the film ware. I can change speed from within shop tool spindle rpm fine.
I was thinking to reinstall everything again and the film ware again today.

srwtlc
05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Frank,

If the spindle is not running, can you change the rpm readout on the VFD with the rpm tool on the computer screen?

If the spindle is running, can you change the rpm readout on the VFD with the rpm tool on the computer screen?

Along the same lines, if the spindle is not running, will your warm-up routine change the rpm at both places?

Did you change any wiring or relocate any wiring lately? You could be suffering from the dreaded RFI syndrome.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12732

frank134
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
OK I reloaded the software up graded to 3.6.36 redownloaded the film ware and driver. This didn't help.
I can cahnge the speed of the spindle if it runnng or not.
I can change the feed if the warmup program is running from the tool menu under spindle rpm control. But till it will not change from the warmup program it self

adrianm
05-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Not sure why it would stop working for you when it has in the past but on my Alpha I've never been able to change the speed in the warmup routine without turning the spindle off and pausing between each RPM change.

TR,9000,1
PAUSE 2
SO,1,1 'Spindle on
PAUSE 120
SO,1,0
PAUSE 6
TR,13500,1
SO,1,1
PAUSE 120
SO,1,0
PAUSE 6
TR,18000,1
SO,1,1
PAUSE 120
SO,1,0

Gary Campbell
05-07-2011, 03:01 PM
As Ted would say: "Hmmmm"

I was suggesting a version later than 3.6.24 as there were some fixes for the spindle controller around that time.

Possible that you overwrote a file during the upgrade? Inspect the code for your warmup.

I really dont want to say that: "My guess is that the upgrade is to blame" Not so much the upgrade, but some of the overwrites of otherwise working files, all done in the name of simplicity. I hope some day they will figure out how that really works! :mad:

frank134
05-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Gary that’s what I think but I was hoping for a fix. I also noticed that I lost my start up sound. I am going to go back to an earlier version to see if that works. Monday morning I will give shopbot a call.