View Full Version : More input 4 emergency stop errors

VanIslanddan
05-17-2011, 01:10 AM
First I have a prt alpha running control software 3.6.16
After setting my z zero with the zeroing plate I was moving the machine with keyboard input when I received a flashing input 4 error. This has happened before and I have just pressed the reset button. This time it did not work?
I searched the forum and vn switch 4 stop type was set to closed stop and input switch #3 was set to 1 open limit?
I also checked continuity on the emergency stop and it is functioning properly.
Now I have a red line on input 4 and I still can not connect to the machine?
I am concerned that there is still continuity across es3 and es4 this does not seem correct for a open stop? I am also emailing this to support@shopbot.com in the hope of being running again ASAP.
Thank you,
Dan

Gary Campbell
05-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Dan...
Have you checked continuity at the switch, or thru the wires ad switch? At suspect would be: the connections and connector at the board, an open wire, connections at the switch, and of course, the switch itself.

For troubleshooting you can jumper the switch. remove wire at board connector and note positions, jumper 1 to 2 and 3 to 4. Reset and see if normal state occurs.

VanIslanddan
05-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Thank you for you reply, your previous posts allowed me to check continuity in the switch and in the wires when they behaved correctly I checked on the board and was surprised that e1/e2 was not the same as e3/e4 ?
So I installed the jumpers and still received the red line on input 4?
I suspect a ground fault but this is a guess?
I sent an email to shopbot but have not heard back.
Thank you again,
Dan

ken_rychlik
05-17-2011, 09:51 AM
There was a guy that had an electrician hook up 220 volts to his 110 volt drivers in equador. He had some blown drivers and the same red estop light was on.

I sold him some used drivers and that fixed him up.

Do any of the drivers have the fault light on when things are powered up?

It could also be a contactor not locking in.

This would cause none of the lights on the drivers to be on.

Phone calls seem to work better than emails to shopbot.

ken_rychlik
05-17-2011, 09:56 AM
One thing you can try if a contactor is weak. Do you hear the CLUNK when you push the reset button?

IF not,,,,

Turn on the power and while you are pushing the reset button, give a nice bump to the aluminum control box with a rubber hammer.

If this makes it lock in, you have a weak contactor.

VanIslanddan
05-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I took last night off put my motorcycle on the road and I went back to it tonight. After my emails with Frank at shopbot my progress is as follows:
I traced the continuity issue in the switch and that was loose wire (I think from me taking it apart to measure several times)
I am unsure how the contactors normally function two are engaging when I press reset and two remain out.
I am unsure what the normal state of the reset button is so I can not test it but when I power up the machine and press reset two contactors engage
I have voltage at the 5v on the circuit board.
Thanks again,
Dan

ken_rychlik
05-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Two contactors are for giving power to the drivers. Those are the black vexta boxes at the bottom of the control box.

The other two contactors will be fore giving power to the router or spindle, depending on what you have.

If two contactors are locking in when you push the reset button that is a good thing.

Look at the black vexta boxes in the bottom of the control box after the contactors have locked in and see if you have all green lights on them or if one of them is in "fault mode"

VanIslanddan
05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
What an amazing support network!
I would like to thank Kenneth, Gary and Frank(at shopbot) for all their help.
It turns out it was just a firmware error but I have a much better understanding of the controller as a result the the time spent with a multi meter inside the box.
Cheers,
Dan

Sevy
06-03-2016, 05:46 AM
I've the same problem!
the contactors are locking when I push the reset button
I update my firmware
I checked continuity of the switchs (without wires) in Remote button station, they are Ok
I checked the Red buttons,
I checked continuity in control box (Shopbot PRS alpha) and I note that the CLR alarm (AC1/AC2 BRN and BLK wires) is always connecting and the INPUT N#4 is always in green!
this problem appeared when I installed the new Software Shopbot 3.6.40 in my computeur.
Have you a solution to resolve that problem! please

Sevy

Gary Campbell
06-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Sevy..
Use the [V] [R] command to load the proper settings for your machine model

Sevy
06-06-2016, 03:23 AM
Thank you so much!
I'd just change 0- Nrm Open Stop to 1-Nrm Open Stop and the input #4 switch off.