PDA

View Full Version : Flag Raising & Fallen Memorial Test Sample

don
05-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I've been working on a couple of files and am done with one of them and about 80% on the other.
But thought I'd run them to see if there was enough detail and how things looked outside of Aspire.
Comments and criticism welcomed.
Both were done in some scrap Sign Foam.
I welcome criticism

myxpykalix
05-22-2011, 01:01 AM
I like your iowa jima guys so my (constructive) criticism is that you need to exaggerate the height of the helmets and make more detail for the heads and profiles of the faces because when i look at it, it looks to me like i see helmets sitting on shoulders. I am sure that is what the photo is like. Maybe if i saw it closer or larger it wouldn't look like that but overall it is fantastic. You have done a great job of modeling it for sure:D

sailfl
05-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Don,

You have done an excellent job.

Paulo
05-23-2011, 08:55 AM
What a great tribute, my hats off to ya.

don
05-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Jack, Nils T and Paulo, thanks for the comments I do appreciate it.

Jack, The is modeled from the same perspective as the photograph, which in the photograph the face's could not be seen.
This is one of the reasons I wanted to machine it, to see how it looks, now I'll go back and attempt to make the face's more visible if possible.

Thanks again for your comments.

myxpykalix
05-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Whether you go back and remodel it or not, it is still fantastic work. You should contact james booth and have him sell that for you on his website.

Like was mentioned I would figure out a way to mount a small flag thru it so it looks like they are raising the flag. That would make a GREAT desk plaque:D