PDA

View Full Version : How can I undo a nest?

rww
05-21-2011, 11:57 PM
I have a file that I nested some of the parts onto two sheets of plywood and saved the file. Now I would like to undo the nest and change some things. Is this possible? I know I can nest different parts and it will overwrite the first nest but I am wondering if I can get rid of the first nest. Thanks!

knight_toolworks
05-22-2011, 12:21 AM
well you can try the undo feature but it is usually too late for that once the fiel has been saved and closed.

beacon14
05-22-2011, 08:06 PM
You can select the individual vectors, or groups of vectors, and move, delete, copy them to your heart's content, then re-calculate the toolpaths.

You can delete all the copies except one of each vector, modify the remaining copies, then re-nest.

Give us more specifics of what you are trying to do and you might get more specific advice.

knight_toolworks
05-23-2011, 12:07 AM
What I try to do is make a copy of all my parts and drag them off to the side before I nest. this is easier to then just renest the parts and clean it all back up.

tmerrill
05-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Jason,

After you have nested, and it has required more than one piece of material, then you will have created Sheets. If you look at them, sheet 0 is blank and Sheets 1 and 2 have your parts laid out for the two sheets of plywood.

If you don't have Undo available, all you need to do is copy and paste your original shapes back onto Sheet 0 (use the Sheet selector next to the Layer control), select the shapes on Sheet 0, set up your new nest parameters and Nest. This will automatically reset all the other copies and Sheets and create new results. You don't have to manually delete anything.

Tim

rww
05-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks! I was trying to figure out how to get rid of the other sheets and get back to just one sheet.

gundog
05-24-2011, 12:42 AM
I keep the the original and name the file master with the layers and all. When I want to nest the parts I do so and then I use the save as and rename it then when I close the file I do not save the changes on the original.

Mike