PDA

View Full Version : Got my spindle but,

ATX Poly Products
05-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Well I recieved my 220v 2.2 1ph spindle kit today and was all excited to install it this weekend......

As I was going over the details of it I noticed that the vfd drive that SB sent me is 3ph input. But it is wired up for 1ph. Thank goodness I didn't install it and poof....

Hopefully they will they will turn this around quick for me. I guess I'll have do listen to the PC router for a little longer...

Oh Well

tlempicke
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
They sent you the correct stuff. You can run just about any of the three phase drives on single phase but you have to de-rate them by 50%.

Look at that drive! It is really large and I think is good for about ten horsepower.

Go ahead install it and enjoy. I put mine in last week and it is great.

ATX Poly Products
05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Really?... inside the drive it says 3ph input.. Did you run into the same thing with your install?

kubotaman
05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
It should be single phase input and 3 phase output. On the other hand I have never heard of three phase input and single phase output. You may want to look at it again. You could be reading it wrong. All spindles are three phase, so I do believe you have the correct one that you want.

wmwmacs
05-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I ordered my 220v 2.2 1ph spindle kit this week. Please keep us posted
Thanks

jerry_stanek
05-27-2011, 05:50 PM
you hook the VFD up as single phase and it will out put three phase to the spindle but at a reduced power. If you have three phase in your shop you would hook it up as a three phase VFD and it still out puts three phase only it will run at the full power that is listed on the VFD.

SomeSailor
05-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Which VFD do you have?

ATX Poly Products
05-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Well , Good news .... I talked to Shopbot and everything they sent me was correct. The install went really well and the only hick-up I had after words was with the spindle control... I just had to install the recent sb 3 version and all was well! the rpms work great and do what I tell it to in my part files....

So moral of the story is... 3PH input can be fed with 1PH ...

my vfd is a v1000

Thanks for help guys

jkaras2000
05-30-2011, 12:57 PM
My V1000 seems to be frozen. Can't reset it etc. PS: If you push the run button on it, should the spindle start? Thanks Joe :cool: