PDA

View Full Version : ZZero

asemcollc
06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
I am having trouble zeroing my Z axis. When the bit touches the zero plate during the z zeroing routine the router does not stop. It continues to plunge.

The really odd thing is that the indicator light on Input Switch #1 does come on when the bit makes contact with the zero plate so I'm pretty sure I have a good ground.

Any ideas?
:confused:

dana_swift
06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Robert, one of the wires to the zzero plate or the aligator clip is not making electrical connection somewhere.

Ring it out with an ohm-meter. The fact indicator #1 does not show continuity is the give away.

If you are under warranty, call tech support. It might be a good idea in any case..

Good luck.

dana_swift
06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Update- Robert just read your post about the indicator coming on. I had misread that. Woops..

My next suspicion is that you have disabled input interrupts somehow. I think the tech support suggestion is best.

tcombs
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
I've had a similar problem before and it usually ends up being interference from some other source - usually static electricity. Check all your grounding connections. Just because the input light turns on doesn't mean that your ground is fine.

For me it was an alligator clip that slipped off the cold water pipe bracket but look like it was still hook on from a distance.

Good luck,
Tim

asemcollc
08-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Dana and Tim,
Thanks for your replies. After triple checking ground connections, hundreds of Google searches, dozens of emails, and hours on the phone with the Shop Bot tech team (Thanks Frank for all your patience) we finally figured out that I just have some gremlins on input one. We moved the Z-zeroing routine over to input 2 and now everything is working fine.