PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Camp ShopBot Sept 24th

Gary Campbell
07-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Guys & Gals...
There has been enough interest generated in another thread about a Midwest ShopBot get together that ShopBot has agreed to sponsor it. I have agreed to host at my new location, which is 363 US 41 East, Suite 2, Negaunee, MI 49866. Actually closer to Marquette, we are just west of Tractor Supply on the north side of the hiway.

The date for the camp will be Saturday, Sept 24, 2011. Usual agenda is: Coffee & donuts 8-9, Camp lectures and presentations 9-3 or 4 with a lunch break around noon.

I will be having a User group with info on integrating CNC in small cabinet shops, and cutting eCabinets files on a ShopBot using the SB Link on Friday. Thursday can be used as more of this or other items of interest or training for attendees based on requests from confirmed attendees.

I will be cutting on our PRSalpha ATC machine and "showing off" some of the mods that I have done on it. It has turned out to be a real "animal" in the shop allowing us to do things we hadn't thought possible prior to owning it.

RSVP to campshopbot (at) gmail.com or CaseWorxMfg (at) gmail.com.
Please put "camp" in the subject line of emails to myself. Add any item that you would prefer to get more info on, as we can tailor the prior day(s) activities to suit the attendees wishes.

kartracer63
07-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Gary,

This sounds like a great event. You can count me in for sure!

Thanks for putting this all together.

billp
07-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Gary,
How are you doing with the new shop?

Gary Campbell
07-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Bill...
New shop is progressing nicely. All power is in, dust collection this weekend, and have a bunk of PureBond to cut on Monday. I might even get the floors swept in time for the Camp.

I have been getting responses from Midwest Botters that will be coming. Looks like a good group. Dont forget your show and tell!

billp
08-09-2011, 10:29 PM
As some of you may have noticed, Gary's machine and shop are NOT exactly "standard issue"...If you are interested in upper end modifications this is the place to visit. We're getting RSVP's each week, but it would help us out if everyone planning to attend the Camp would drop one of us a note so we can plan for supplies, etc. Thanks !

billp
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
We've just sent out e-mail notices about this Camp, and I forgot to include the fact that there is no charge to attend....

kartracer63
08-24-2011, 02:55 PM
The Midwest Shopbot Camp is one month from now. I hope everybody has made their plans to attend.

dubliner
08-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Bill, Gary told me he was charging me if I wanted to go.

billp
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Nev,
It would really be hard to put a price on your presence, (OR absence...).

Gary Campbell
09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Nev...
I can think of ways that there would be "value" if you came. I just wonder what it would really cost? :D

3 weeks till our Camp. If you havent dropped Bill or myself an email to RSVP, please do so.

cookie
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Gary, I'm going to fire up the model T and make the trip. There will be 2 of us. I'm interested in the e-cabinets link setup and aspire. Hotels? See you soon, Bruce

Gary Campbell
09-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Bruce...
A good number of them on the Hotel strip (US 41 West in Marquette) which is 3 miles from my shop and close to restaraunts, shopping, etc.

Gary Campbell
09-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Camp is this weekend, please RSVP as accurate headcount means no musical chairs! :) For those that havent booked hotels here is a link and map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rlz=1G1SNNT_ENUS416&gs_upl=1350l8339l0l9745l20l19l0l5l5l0l272l2358l0.1 1.3l14l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=marquette,+mi+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=0x4d4e20a35c8951d5:0xe997d6f199d713b0,Marque tte,+MI&ei=Pr52Ts-aEaTw0gHh6eHxDQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CCEQtgM

Jim Tank
09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Are You starting at any set time on Friday? I expect to be there around 10am.

Gary Campbell
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Jim...
Around 9 +/- More info in post #1

Gary Campbell
09-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks to all that attended.

As usual Bill P did a great job. I am honored that you came, and even more honored to have met such a great group of "new friends". I hope that y'all have gained as much as I.

bobmoore
09-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks to Bill, Gary, and Eric for the open and knowledgable discussions they gave us on their respective topics. It looks like Gary put a lot of "overtime" into getting his new shop ready for our camp. Again thanks.

kartracer63
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Gary,
Thanks so much for the hospitality. It was so cool to see your machine in action. The automatic tool changer was amazing. Thanks for all the tips on the bits and all the other secret advice you shared with us. I feel bad for those who were unable to attend your camp. They really missed out.

Bill (Doc),
It was great seeing you again. I have left another Shopbot camp with my head so full of information, it's ready to explode. I always seem to leave your camps inspired and full of enthusiasm. Thanks!

It was a real pleasure meeting all the other camp attendees too. It's always fun to hear what other people are doing with their Shopbots.

Gary Campbell
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Eric...
I didnt omit a special thanks to you intentionally in my first post, but do want to make sure that I give you one now. Your presentation of materials, techniques and business strategies for your sign making was appreciated by all. Thanks so much for taking the time to give it.

cookie
09-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Gary and Bill, thanks for a good time and we always learn something. Thanks again, Bruce

billp
09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for attending this past weekend's Camp. Almost everyone had to travel a considerable distance to get there ( including Paul Kirby who flew in from the Atlanta area to get a jump start with his recently acquired machine...).
Gary was a great host, and a wealth of information, plus he has some of the greatest "toys" you'll find in anyone's shop....The 12 tool rotary tool changer was a big hit.....
There are some pix posted with the blog to show you what went on-
http://www.shopbotblog.com/index.php/2011/09/2011-upper-mid-west-camp-shopbot/