PDA

View Full Version : How long should this paddle take?

daniel
07-12-2011, 11:56 AM
How long do you guys think it would take for this? It's some kind of paddle that is cut out of 1/4" baltic burch. I have a PRT standard, and Have a potential order of 1000. How much would you charge? I 'm not sure how long this would take, because I'm not sure how many passes or what speeds/ bit configuration to use. If, I could get a clearer picture on the time frame, I can quote a price. I have vacuum hold down, so that isn't an issue. 4x4 PRT 48.

The paddle is approx 20 inches

knight_toolworks
07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
with a 5/23" bit in one pass 2 to 3 ips in one pass. about 30 seconds or so each. what I would do is draw one and toolpath it run it in the air to make sure you have the time right. then figure out how much time it would take to handle the material remove and put it on the table how many bits (figure 3 to 4 hours of cutting per bit) waste disposal.
you won't get a lot of them on a sheet so there is a lot of material handling.
You would want to sue the smallest downcut bit you can so the sawdust would help hold the parts in place. though these parts are large enough the vac should help them in place.

Gary Campbell
07-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Daniel...
You should nest a 4 by 4 sheet of these and air cut it on your machine to be sure. Every response you will get will/should be different due to different machine specs. You need to be sure what yours will do.

I would use a 1/4 compression at 6 ips full depth on my machine. Approximately 8.5 seconds per part. Nesting and rapid speeds will make a difference on a thousand parts.

daniel
07-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Cool, Thanks for the info guys...........I did it in one pass, less than a minute each, I'll play with the feeds and such and speed it up from there.