PDA

View Full Version : Help on enclosing a shopbot

state427@qwest.net
09-15-2001, 04:07 AM
I would like any information on enclosing a PRT 96 I need to make the enclosure as small as possible . Is the stated footprint area accurate enough to plan an enclosure from ? I'm still waiting to receive my PRT 96, and I hope to have a plan of action before it arrives. I plan on using 2X6" studs and isulating for noise control

jay tomaka
09-15-2001, 03:30 PM
wait til you get your machine!!!! trying to assembly one in a small area is a disaster trust me!!!! build your room afterwards. you will see what i mean!!!! have fun and be patient assembly it it does take time.

state427@qwest.net
09-19-2001, 05:01 PM
Thanks Jay, I don't want to assemble the machine in the enclosure I want to "prefabricate the walls ceiling Etc. so I can assemble the enclosure around the shopbot I have the time now I won't have nearly as much time later

threadfx
09-19-2001, 05:51 PM
I would suggest waiting until you have the Shopbot setup and have ran it for a while. I would give myself some time to figure out what works best for loading & unloading and the physical arrangement of the controller and computer. Depending on what you will be cutting and if you are going to be using dust collection, etc., it can affect where you'll place the electronics. The router will kick dust and debris in certian directions under some conditions even with dust collection.

jay tomaka
09-19-2001, 07:51 PM
sherman i was going to do just what you are thinking of too. i was actually going to put my machine on one wall. got it founf it was just a little too big for that loaction and had to move to a whole new spot!!! thank goodness i didnt build any walls ahead of time. the footprint dims are for reference only!!!!! actual usage space is way different. loading your stock will determine that depending on what you cut? side loading i found is out of the question which also made my decision to move to a new location. when you get it you will see what i mean. it is big very big!!! i found the working footprint is about 2 feet on the outside of the machine so you can walk around it and load most materials. hope this helps