PDA

View Full Version : Partworks mystery!!!

Bob @ Acme
08-25-2011, 11:11 AM
I have been using a separate computer to make cut files for the mill and suddenly the mill computer wont let the file run or even recognize the file from the design computer. Gives me a Code 3, failure to open part using different version. But i am using the same version on both computers. Have been using this setup for at least a year, have cut tons of parts and never had this problem! Anybody have this issue? And how did you fix it.:confused:

Brady Watson
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Uninstall & reinstall on both computers. Make sure you reinstall the same version you have now and run any update patches that would alter the software version on both machines.

In PWorks, goto Help->About PartWorks and check the version.

-B

Gary Campbell
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Bob...
Like Brady says, open both and check versions. Verify for the same.

This could be as simple as a misplaced icon for the newer version on the cut computer if the previous versions icon was not removed. See if different icons open different versions.

Bob @ Acme
08-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks guys, hate to do a complete reinstall, but may have to. Thing is, nothing has changed with my working setup and this happens all of a sudden. What gives?

srwtlc
08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Bob, do you have some files on the design computer that haven't been touched recently and if so, do those work on the machine computer? If they do and then if you open/save them on the design computer, do they not open on the other then? Really sounds like an update was done to the program at some time. Have you checked the "Help/About" on each and checked the version # as stated above?

Since PartWorks is the same as VCarve Pro, you could check with support at Vectric.