PDA

View Full Version : Totally lost new aspire vcarve question

Chuck Keysor
08-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I bought Vectric's Aspire a couple of weeks ago. I haven't cut anything yet with my PRTalpha, but it seems that the machine and spindle run fine. So, I wanted to make a simple first project for my niece, who is getting married on Saturday, 8/27/11. Of course, this is now too late, but I have to figure this out somehow, sometime.

I used the create vector, text creation tool to write my simple three lines of text. I also drew a rectangle around the entire message, and one straight horizontal line between two lines of text.

I selected all of the vectors, selected the 90 degree .5" V bit, then hit calculate. Everytime, I get a message that says: "Ignoring Grouped Open Vectors...... 105 open vectors were identified and are being ignored. Some or all of these vectors are in groups. Grouping open vectors does not join them. To use these vectors you need to ungroup them. There are 4 remaining vectors."

When I look at the simulation, the rectangular boarder and the straight line V-carve fine, and one letter shows up. Nothing else happens.

I carefully read the error message. In response, I tried to figure out how to ungroup my text/vectors, and join them. But nothing I tried made any difference.

In the videos of V carving, they imported the text from an outside source, like Adobe Illustrator. I have Illustrator, but figured, certainly I can just create the text by typing with the create Aspire's native vector text tool.

Can I email my file to someone that can tell me why I am messing up so badly? My email address is chuck.keysor@sbcglobal.net.

I simply wanted to V carve this, and I am stuck, even though I have gone through at least all of the videos up to the point of Vcarving, and then some. I feel so dumb, as there couldn't be an easier first project to make than this. And I feel even dumber, that I waited until it was too late to ask for help.

Thanks, Chuck

srwtlc
08-27-2011, 12:45 AM
I can take a look Chuck. It could be the font that you used, but it would be better to see the file to make sure.

cabnet636
08-27-2011, 09:25 AM
chuck if you need a bit of starter we can do this online, wife is riding horeses all weekend and phone number is on my website,, hope we can help

Stagecraft
08-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Chuck, under the EDIT command there should be a flyout that says something like "select all open vectors"...click that.
Again in the EDIT command there should be another flyout that says "join vectors"...click that.
For the time being don't worry about all the variables under the "join vectors" menu.
This should help your situation. - Boyd

jerry_stanek
08-27-2011, 10:57 AM
If he uses the Quick engrave it will cut. He emailed me the file and I could get a nice looking carve.

Stagecraft
08-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Jerry, please excuse my ignorance as I've never taken the time to play with the QUICK ENGRAVE option in V-Carve, but isn't it strictly for engraving, not V carving?

jerry_stanek
08-27-2011, 12:13 PM
You have the option to set the depth and use a v bit. I like to use a ball nose to do name plates in clear Plexi.

mark_m
08-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Hello Chuck,

Did you use one of the single line fonts to create the text?

If yes, you will not be able to VCarve these, I am afraid.

But you would be able to profile machine on these vectors with a V-Bit tool.

If you would like to send your CRV3D file into info at vectric dot com.
I will take a look at it and try to make some suggestions.

Cheers,

Mark.

Chuck Keysor
08-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I have been out of town for my niece's wedding, and just got home this afternoon. It is late now, and so I will read all replies in the morning. But I didn't want to dally so long in at least saying thank you all for your much appreciated help. Thanks, Chuck