PDA

View Full Version : importing PDF signs -omitting letters

Greenie
09-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm able to import PDF using Partworks 3, but random letters aren't acknowledged when I attempt to create tool paths.
For example, a sign that reads ENTER may only carve NT R.
What might be causing this?

ssflyer
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Check for loops in the vectors and overlaps on the letters. Give the letters more room between, if they overlap.

jimmya
09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
I imported a PDF just a few day’s ago and it did the same thing as you described. I copied the letter deleted the old one and them pasted the letter and that fixed it, why that worked, I don’t have a glue. I was using Aspire.

Jimmy

Hobodog2
11-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Bill

I find, when I import .dxf files into Aspire, that some of the letters or other shapes are not joined and will not produce a toolpath - I get an error message to that effect when I try to create a toolpath. The program tells me that it is omitting some elements that I tried to toolpath and will give me a toolpath on the remaining joined shapes.

So, I go back to the drawing tab and join any elements that are not joined and then re-toolpath - works good.

Pete

cowboy1296
11-03-2011, 10:27 AM
on occasion and not that often when i add numbers to my project the tool path generated might show 3 numbers when i am adding 4. but we are not talking about importing but using the text tool. i know that this happened in part works and think possibly aspire3. typically i change the font and it works. the numbers that have caused me problem in the past are the badge numbers.

jjyoder
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I always use Adobe Illustrator files to rout. If I bring them into Aspire 3 without converting the fonts to paths first, parts of letters are missing. I've never had a problem if I convert them to paths first. They are no longer a font at that point.

jjyoder

Greenie
12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I've since been told that joining open vectors will (PartWorks 3) will restore the missing letters - it works well.