PDA

View Full Version : Rafix drilling issue

chunkstyle
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Currently have a job loaded in the link that requires a rafix hole pattern.
Pocket operation seen as a drill operation when it's a st. line and arc has been selected.

Rafix drill bit is the largest and first operation in the tool file. Next operation is drilling 5mm holes, then the MC. Compression bit.

When I load the job file and 1st sheet comes up it has Rafix holes in it.

First tool called up is the 5mm bit. Skips over the rafixs bit. Don't know what else to check. Tooling hasn't changed from last job I ran. It also had rafix holes. Called up rafix bit as the first operation.

Any suggestions?

chunkstyle
10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Allright. Got the Rafix tooling sorted. On to the next issue of the day : (.

Lately I have been getting a 'Error 401'. 'Can't show model form when model form is displayed'.

I went ahead and googled this message and it appears to be a conflict between programs? After I hit O.K. to the error message the SB3 control panels' STOP button turns to red hatch lines and the system locks up. Happened on a previous cutting job and seems to be rearing its head when using the link and SB3. Anyone else see this and were you able to resolve it?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Gary Campbell
10-17-2011, 09:03 PM
I have experienced tis one also. Usually happens when we as users get into "machine mode" and hit the [ENTER] key about as fast as it comes up. Try reading the input or message box out loud and then hit enter, see if the problem goes away.

beacon14
10-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Seen it? Yes, all too often.

Resolved it? Sadly, no.

I can assure you though that it has nothing to do with the link as I have the problem but don't have the link.

kerry_fullington
10-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Tim,

what did you do to fix the Rafix tooling problem?

chunkstyle
10-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Kerry,

Pulling my head out of a dark place helped. First part on the first sheet had a flip operation. Finally noticed the label had a bar code. Didn't catch the nest on the screen had the rafix holes in green. That should have been an easy one to catch.

This morning I ran into another couple of problems with the machine at start up.

Got a "Run time error. Method "(squiggle line)" of "(same squiggly line)" failed.

Happened when I was writing to the SB3 from the Link.

Second attempt to write out of the link resulted a lost port com. Couldn't find the machine. This is new from yesterday and looks to be another day of "whack a mole" with the machine.

Ran registry repair last night in hopes that it might take care of these problems. Looks like that wasn't the answer.

chunkstyle
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Third attempt to write to the SB3 from link resulted in same error message (did not see any of this yesterday). Did load into the SB3 but I had no confidence to run the file after seeing the error message. Trying for a fourth time.
HEY! it's 9 o-clock already. Still no sheets cut. I REALLY wish SB would build a control computer that is vetted to work. This is really getting old for me.

nat_wheatley
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Tim,

Out of curiosity, what type of tool are you using the rafix bit in (drill/spindle?)

Nat

chunkstyle
10-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi Nat,

I'm using a Hafele rafix bit 001.24.327 with the counter sinking rim for flush mount rafix's. My method so far has been to let the machine drill the hole pattern incorrectly and finish the hole boring by hand when the parts come off. Some reason it will only bore the holes to 12.23 mm's when the hole pattern has been used at 14,16 and 18 mm and the max depth of cut has been set to 18mm in the link's tooling for that bit. No idea why but that is minor compared to all the rest of the problems I've been having with this Link/machine/ computer combo.

chunkstyle
10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Oh Duh!

Sorry Nat You asked for tool and not tooling. Bit is being run in a 2.2 HSD spindle. Been in the weeds for a few days now with the machine. Little frazzled right now.
Prox switch misfires, software shutting down, etc...
I'm begenning to believe that it's next to impossible to make money with this Link/SB combo. Still havn't got a sheet cut today. 2 calls to Shopbot. Might as well be sending postcards to Thermwood now with Link issues. Not good.

nat_wheatley
10-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks Tim. All I can say is hang in there, it is worth it once you get through the frustrating times with it. -Nat