PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Driver issue

matt_raymond60
10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I got my new version of Artcam Insignia quicker than I thought! Anyways I was installing it and got the message to the effect of "newer sentinel driver is already installed, if you wish to continue with installation you must uninstall newer driver then install this older version". I am guessing the newer driver is a part of my Cabnetware program that we use which uses the same dongle system. Does anyone have any experience with this issue that can help me out? I can't not use Cabnetware because that is what we run our shop off of. I am hoping there is a way to make this work without having to have another computer dedicated to Artcam......

I was thinking that it might work anyway but then realized that I haven't received my PAF file yet anyway so I am still waiting for that.

I also posted this on the Artcam forum looking for help over there.

Thanks!!

Brady Watson
10-21-2011, 10:01 PM
but then realized that I haven't received my PAF file yet anyway so I am still waiting for that.

You will probably have to wait for the new PAF...Once you get it, you should be good.

-B

matt_raymond60
10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I was really hoping that would be the case.

matt_raymond60
10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
I found my paf file buried in the company e-mails, got that installed and it all works great. Thankfully no dongle compatibility issues by all indications. Let the head scratching and learning begin!

garyb
10-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Matt, sentinel drivers are just 3rd party drivers to run the dongles, its the paf file called up by the program that does the verifying in conjunction with the dongle.
Saying that you can have as many program dongles plugged in for as many usb ports you have on your system.
Gary