PDA

View Full Version : Copy Machine Problem

Hobodog2
10-29-2011, 11:00 AM
I 2D edge probed a large sign perimeter and have a .sbp file with a size of less than 18kb.

But when I run the GGI routine and "Save DXF Surface" I end up with a file that is more than 133mb - and trying to import that converted file into Aspire or Corel Draw always ends in an out of memory error. Even though I have a fast computer with 8 GB of RAM.

I need to get an importable .dxf file out of probing that sign perimeter - any ideas please?

Thanks, Pete

jerry_stanek
10-29-2011, 11:02 AM
can you open it with a cad program then save as.

Hobodog2
10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Jerry

Well, I thought Aspire was a CAD program - do I need another product

Pete

Brady Watson
10-29-2011, 11:34 AM
I 2D edge probed a large sign perimeter...

You don't want to use GGI with a 2D profile. You should select DXF as your output on the Copy Machine screen. You'll get a DXF that you can open up in the vector program of your choice. Then you can clean it up.

GGI is ONLY for 3D and only works when you select SBP as the probe routine output type.

-B

Hobodog2
10-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Brady

Which DXF format a set of points or a polyline?

Pette

Brady Watson
10-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Polyline. Points will be next to useless & more work in a program you probably don't have.

-B

Hobodog2
10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you Brady - I think I did try that the other day, but I don't remember the results. I might have tried to use GGI with the polyline probe, which was not the correct thing to do as you pointed out.

I will give it another shot today and import the polyline probe into Aspire or Corel Draw.

OK, I'm back. I was able to import the polyline probe results into both aspire and Corel Draw.

Thanks, for your assistance.

Pete